34) The Grand Reveal of the Master Plan

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Tweak's POV: I sighed. I should have known I wouldn't have been allowed to go on this mission. In fact, I did know. Shellington was still monitoring the island, Peso was tending to Christian's wound, and the Vegimals were all chattering, trying to distract me from my pain. I groaned again, unable to stop myself. 'You're weak.' I imagined my father saying to me. 'Failure.' He would say.

For once, I didn't care. I wasn't weak, or a failure, in Kwazii's eyes. Even if he had knocked me out, I couldn't hate him. I knew in my heart he was just trying to help in that idiotic way of his. He had his priorities. His friend's and sister's safety, his own safety, and then comfort, both physical and emotional. I admired that. Nowhere on there was perfection, or strength. Those weren't as important to him. They weren't priorities to him, and his priorities were pretty straight.

Maybe it's time I straighten out my own priorities, I thought.

"That's strange." Shellington said, interrupting my thoughts. "All of the monitors in the control room just went blank. How could that happen?" He asked.

I ignored my pain, and went over to the monitors. Sure enough, they were all blank. "That doesn't make any sense. That simply doesn't happen." Christian commented.

Suddenly, three monitors came back on, and Peso cried out in fear. I glared at the three faces on the screens; the faces of Lupo, Fiona and Damien.

"Congratulations, penguin, raccoon, Vegimals! You are not victims! Fiona said.

Damien chuckled. "Well, you're safe for now. Everyone else, unfortunately, is a victim, specially selected by us."

What was the top priority? My friends' safety. I reached for my radio, only to find it wasn't there. Lupo cackled. "Looking for something?" He asked, holding up my radio. I realized that none of us had them.

I growled. "You won't get away with this..." I threatened.

They all laughed. "Oh, sweetie... we already have!" Fiona said with mock sympathy. The screens went blank again, and I ran out. I had to warn my friends.

Isobeljones2000

Christian's POV: As the screen blacked out again I was left staring at the empty screen where my greatest fears had been. I looked at Peso who was standing next to me, and his eyes were wide.

"We're not victims..." I said quietly.

"What did he mean?" Peso asked, looking at me with fear in his large eyes. He was so young. No-one should have to go through what he was going through at his age.

"I don't know. You're not a victim. And neither am I. Or the Vegimals."

"But I am," said Shellington, his eyes widening too in fear. "What does a victim mean?"

"Knowing those lot, nothing good," I told them.

From behind me I heard someone say: "Tweak's gone!" and I spun round.

"What? How can she be gone?" I say suddenly worried. Peso gave me a look.

"What? Who said - Tweak's gone!" he realised.

Why didn't he hear the Vegimals say that? I looked at Peso in confusion as he scanned the room.

"You heard Eelean say that?" Shellington asked. I realised I did.

"But she spoke in English - didn't she?" I asked him.

Shellington shook his head slowly. "No, Vegimalese."

"I can understand Vegimalese!?" I ask in wonder and astonishment. Tunip comes up to me and chatters something, but I don't understand him.

"No, I can't understand Tunip."