Chapter 25) Charging Lupo

isobeljones2000

Kate's POV: I could hear Peso crying loudly into my fur, sniffling and getting my fur all tearstained, which would not be okay if it were anyone else and if I wasn't technically dead... I guessed he had good reason to cry.

"She's gone!" Peso sobbed into my fur. 'No I'm not, I'm right here!' I wanted to yell at him. But it was terrifying. It was like I was paralysed. I couldn't even move a finger. Or blink. I could feel my claustrophobia setting in, even though I wasn't in a tight space. Oh great. So I can be technically dead but still have stupid claustrophobia? What a stupid rule. Who made that rule? I guess there isn't exactly a rule book for this situation.

Suddenly Peso's not crying any more. I realise his face isn't buried in my fur and is talking. Properly talking. Not to me, to - Captain Barnacles! I strain to hear, it's like listening into a distant conversation even though I'm right next to him. It sure sucks being dead.

He stops talking. Turns off his radio. What is it, Peso! I want to yell! He looks down at me, my face. The expression on his face is pure joy.

"I know how to cure you, Kate. It may not work, and this may be the most far fetched stupid idea you've ever heard. Well - witnessed. Oh, you're dead. How can I say that without feeling terrified? Dead. Dead. Death. Dying."

Oh God he's delirious, I thought. Then Peso leant close and whispered in my ear.

"I have to conquer my fear."

Of course!

But - how can Peso conquer death?

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Dashi's POV: I felt so much cooler. "Shellington..." I whispered. He had done it! He had conquered his fear! I was proud of him. He did something I didn't expect just then.

He pressed his lips against mine.

I was so happy. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and I saw sparks fly. Please don't let this moment end!

Shellington pulled away and I heard him sigh. "I'm sorry. You hate me now, don't you?"

I giggled. "After what you just did? After you faced your fear for me? How could I ever hate you?"

Shellington looked shocked. "Does that mean...You love me too?" I laughed, and kissed him once again.

After a few moments, I pulled away. "Yes. Yes it does."

isobeljones2000

Selene's POV: It all happened so so fast. One moment I was exulting at being free, looking forward to seeing Barnacles and my Derek again. Then Lupo put me in an impossible position. The Vegimals ran in but I was frozen, staring at the man I had pushed away even when he had risked his life for me, faced Lupo's rage for me. And what had I done? Ignored all that. And now he was hurt, because of me.

"Go on, Selene. You're free to go! Leave! I'm letting you go." Lupo called, putting on a voice of mock kindness. As he spoke he pushed the knife into Christian's abdomen even deeper and Christian screamed again. My eyes moved to the side, I saw a pretty black Vegimal screaming at the top of her lungs in Vegimalese, being held back by Tunip. She was shouting Christian's name. Lupo, who had been propping the raccoon up, stepped back and let him drop, a sadistic smile on his face. Immediately the Vegimal wrestled her way free of Tunip's hold and rushed to Christian, the Vegimals right behind her. The black Vegimal yelled something at Tunip, who nodded and ran over to me. I was still frozen in shock.

Tunip grabbed my hand, tried to pull me towards the lift chattering in fear. I shook him free easily.

"Sorry Tunip. But there's something I have to do first."

I strode towards Lupo, who cackled.

"Ooh, should I be scared? Aren't you going to help your boyfriend?"

I stared at him. I had lost any patience I had left.

"Yes. You should be scared. I've had a very long day. My friends have been tortured and I have had to lie and knock out the Captain. And you have been responsible for all that. He's not my boyfriend. You stabbed him, but he's not my boyfriend." I wasn't messing around now. I had nothing left in me to feel pity for this man.

Lupo lost his smirk. "Well whatya gonna do?"

"This." I gestured to Tunip, and he barked an order. Quickly all the Vegimals rushed towards Lupo, tackling him to the ground. Lupo fumbled for a knife that isn't in his belt.

Tunip threw me the object from Lupo's pocket and I caught it, quickly scanning it and pressing the appropriate buttons. The Fear Inducer, as I now call it, controlled all fear. I saw mine on there, but went up to one name.

'Lupo.'

The Vegimals jumped off as Lupo screamed. I didn't know what his fear was, but I didn't care to find out. Gesturing to Tunip, I finally allowed myself to crouch down by Christian, who the female Vegimal is still by. He smiled weakly at me.

"Hey," he said softly. Even that short word was causing him pain.

"Hey," I said. I didn't know what else to say.

"Seeing as I'm dying -"

"You're NOT dying," I interrupted fervently.

He smiled. "Seeing as I'm dying," he continued. "Would it be an appropriate time to ask you if you would have ever considered going out with a guy like me? Back in school? Before Lupo?"

My eyes filled with tears. Oh Christian.

I had to be strong. For him. I bent down and kissed him gently on the cheek.

"Sorry," I said. "But I'm taken."

KateSeleneMelody3OCS

Tunip's POV: Everything seemed to happen at once, and the scream Christian cried out was enough to stir all of the Vegimals into action. "Hey!" Eelean called angrily, darting towards Lupo.

"Eelean! What are you doing?!" I shouted, running after her.

"Get Christian and get out of here!" she called to Selene.

I nodded and grabbed Selene by the paw, trying to get her to the elevator. "Come on, Selene! Go! Run!"

She shook me free. "Sorry, Tunip. But there's something I need to do first." She made a slight motion towards something in Lupo's pocket before striding towards the black wolf. She said some things that I couldn't make out.

Lupo's smirk faded. "Well, whatya gonna do?" he demanded.

"This." Selene said, then gestured to me.

"CHARGE LUPO!" I shouted, and all of us Vegimals swarmed the evil wolf. Lupo was utterly confused. I grabbed the remote and tossed it to Selene. She pressed a bunch of buttons, and Lupo screamed. Wasting no time, Selene and I both approached Chistian quickly, who had lost a lot of blood.

"Hey," he said in a hoarse voice.

"Hey," Selene replied, as though they were just passing by in the hallway. They said some things that I didn't pay attention to, mostly because I noticed something on a shelf in the room. A medical bag, a lot like Peso's. I ran over to it, grabbed it and gave it to Selene, just as she kissed Christian on the cheek. "Selene!" I called, and offered her the medical bag. She grabbed it and began to bandage Christian's wound.

Eelean walked over to me. "Tunip...you're a really good leader." I smiled.

"And you're as brave as an Octonaut," I replied.

She smiled and embraced me in a hug. "I hope he's okay. He's a good guy."

I nodded. "I know, Eelean. I know."