PREVIOUSLY IN THE VILLAINESS

Silence engulfed the courtroom as everyone waited for the king's decision. His eyes glazed over to Duke Rozenreff who was busy gazing at his eldest daughter. King Elphaim then looked at Duke Castaña whose shoulders were slumped when the latter realized the gravity of the situation.

He knew from the very start that it would end with the favor of Lady Victoria but King Elphaim did not expect that the accused would prepare this very detailed plan to shift the tides. The king knew that prosecuting the Duchess would weaken the Castaña Duchy. But if he chose to prosecute Lady Victoria, the ironclad countries Ming and Monakre would turn their back on their support for him and the Eckrett Empire.

Lastly, King Elphaim looked at his second son who was talking quietly with Crown Prince Allistair. He did not know why but his second son showing interest in Lady Victoria was something that he would like to see as a young attachment. He dared not named the emotions flickering in Prince Corean's eyes every time he looked at the accused lady.

"From the evidence and testimonies presented, I hereby declare Lady Victoria Rozenreff as innocent in this incident. For the accusations for Duchess Castaña, I hereby declare for a further investigation to be led by Crown Prince Yei Lin. In the meantime, Duchess Castaña will lose all her authority as the Duchess of Castaña Duchy. May this action be enough for Lady Sabina, and for Lady Victoria for being subjected to the humiliation and treatment, is there anything you wish for?"

Aah, those are the words that I longed to hear King Elphaim. After all, this is the point why I poisoned that wench. Too bad though, it did not kill her, that could have made the punishment of the Duchess more severe compared to her actual judgment.

Taking off her black veil, Tori's golden ringlets flowed freely. Her red eyes now cleared than ever, focused only on the King before she slyly glanced at her father and sister then to the crying Duchess who was being seized by the royal knights. Her eyes turned to the two witnesses.

This plan only worked because I succeeded in securing my four pieces. Elisa's love is the final nail to the coffin. Her love for Prince Lauren that was trampled to the ground by Sabina and her mother made her the star witness of this noble trial. Well, let's not forget the alleged knight who found the evidence against me. Actually, he is a knight who secretly loves Elisa. But seeing her going insane because of her jealousy of Sabina made him agree to my offer. His anger wanted the head of Prince Lauren which I will happily give him in exchange for his help. Me being caught and being detained in the prison cell was my plan to push Rowan to the corner if he ever wanted to save me. Plus, requesting Duke Castaña as the one who would interrogate me made their fateful meeting perfect than ever. With Rowan now the new heir of Castaña Duchy, it was enough for the high society to convince the motive of the Duchess to antagonize me. But Elisa's contribution is the biggest part. After all, she was the one who stole her mother's prized necklace. And what she wanted from me was to destroy Sabina which I will do today.

Smiling sweetly, he answered the king. "According to the laws of the Empire, the title to be inherited can be won fair and square between heirs when each one of them will be supported by a faction. Thus, the situation with princes and princesses, but the factions do not really mind supporting heirs unless it is from the royal family. Now, my father, Duke Luwen Rozenreff announced that Lady Sabina is currently being supported by the noble faction. What I ask is to make you, Your Majesty, a royal call now. After all, I, Victoria Rozenreff am being supported by the entire aristocratic faction."

Taking her signal, the Lords and Ladies of the aristocratic faction stood from their seats together with Prince Corean. As the leader of the aristocratic faction, the second prince walked to her side and faced the king who was frozen to his seat. "I, the leader of aristocratic faction, Prince Corean Shuia Rozenreff confirmed that Lady Victoria is already a member of my faction."