CHAPTER 38

THE MOMENT that the crown laid atop Prince Corean's head perfectly like it was made for him. Tori saw how the noble faction created a diversion when the majority of the royal knights leaped from the royal family's audience area towards the podium where Tori and the crowned Prince Cory were standing. "They are using the hidden passage just you as you guessed, Cory," Tori affirmed to Cory.

"Cory? I thought I'm your darling?" The playful tune of his voice made Tori blushed for the second time of the day. This man will be the death of my vagina. That I'm sure of.

"Whatever." Tori hated losing against Prince Cory. So before the podium became the battleground between two opposing sides, she spun towards the second prince– tiptoeing to kiss his cheeks swiftly. "Darling," whispered Tori.

She could not believe that they were practically flirting at the very center of the chaos.

The northern warriors charged with their bolo. Swords and bolo clashed. Shields and javelins met. The commoners and the members of the aristocratic faction, aside from Tori, Prince Cory, and the two crown princes, left the courtroom according to the plan. Prince Cory spun Tori to his front. And in one sweep, he carried her like a princess, away from the bloodshed.

Tori hugged Prince Cory's sturdy shoulders as her life depended on it, earning her a soft snort from the second prince as he strode towards the passage where the noble faction members and the royal family used to run away.

Smacking his right arm, Tori placed her chin on his left shoulder. "The crown looks good on you, my king," said Tori in a hushed voice. She knew that her hot breath tickled his right ear, causing an effect on the poor prince as she watched his ear turned red. How cute.

Prince Cory scoffed. "You are teasing me, my queen. You will regret this later, I swear to you." The promise of a steamy encounter laced upon his voice as he continued to stride.

Giggling from his antics to hide her arousal, Tori bit his ear playfully. She whispered again. "Will you make me scream, Your Majesty?"

Prince Cory refused to answer from her antics in which Tori pouted like a child. The next thing Tori felt, his strides fasten as if they were chasing a devil. Oh boy.

PRINCE LAUREN walked with gritted teeth. His jaws clenched as he analyzed the chain of events that led him to his current situation. Why? Everything is going as plan! Until that wench got her head chopped off.

"Will we die here?"

"I don't want to die."

"Hush, the imperial family might hear you."

The whispers among the nobles fueled the first prince's temper. I am the future king yet some entitled boy is wearing the centuries-old crown right now.

The passageway they were using was an ancient knowledge passed down only to the members of the royal family. This passage was hidden just behind the royal family's audience room for safety purposes such as today. The pathway was cramped surrounded by stone walls. Torches lit their way, guiding them through the darkness. With five royal knights at most, Prince Lauren knew that they were in a perilous situation.

He glanced at the calm former duke of Rozenreff Duchy. The latter was holding Lady Sabina tightly and close to him.

Seconds turned to minutes until they saw the end of the passageway. King Elphaim led their group with two royal knights by his side. "That's the exit! It will lead us inside the king's castle!" said the king which caused the nobles to gasp with relief. Finally, I can retaliate to that bastard!