CHAPTER 10

TORI SAT with Prince Lauren inside the same rented carriage, but unlike before they were parked along the Back Alley of the capital. Though Tori did not get any sleep, her mind was wide awake as she followed every move of the smiling first prince.

"How's your little stroll in the river?" Prince Lauren crossed his arms along with his knees as he waited for Tori's answer.

The dark lines under her eyes did not lessen the icy look that Tori gave to the mocking prince. She knew that Zeno reported to him that she already knew. It was difficult for Tori to sit gracefully in front of the person who once killed her body. But it was the price she had to pay to win against the wretched plot.

"Oh, that was a lovely stroll. Sir Zeno McMillian is quite a romantic. I enjoyed it, your highness." Tori's sugary smile replied to his sly smile.

The first prince tapped his chin as if he's thinking deeply before he opened his lips to answer her. "Indeed. It was a lovely scene straight out from fairytales. So, did you find what you are looking for? I remembered Zeno saying you particularly love a wildflower you found in the riverside."

You are good at word games, Prince Lauren. Let's see how long you can put up with your goddess-awful grin.

"Yes. It is such a shame though. Anyway, do you want the information now, your highness?"

The obvious shift of the topic caused Prince Lauren's brows to shift upwards. He wondered why she was saying 'it was a shame' but her eyes screamed victory. The first prince did not like it. But the new topic was more interesting for him.

"It boggles me how you can grasp this type of information, Lady Victoria. First, the location of the Elysian Crown and now the road map to the Hunt, who are you really, Lady Victoria Rozenreff?" Prince Lauren stared at Tori like she's some sort of a clown which she only replied with a shrugged. She knew that everyone was wondering where she got the knowledge, even the dam's construction plan, which was secretly developed by the noble faction.

Simple. I am your reckoning from your past, your highness.

"Some mysteries are not worth solving, your highness. I am one of those." Tori's smiling lips contradicted her eyes which held a warning for him should he choose to pry deeper.

"I'll follow what the lady said since the said lady seems to know a lot more than anyone should have though you can't blame me to wonder, Lady Victoria. Now, give it to me." Prince Lauren opened his right hand for the scroll that she hid inside her coat's pocket. Tori handed a worn-looking scroll to the first prince without hesitation, her eyes never leaving his.

Tori watched carefully as soon as Prince Lauren opened the scroll. She did not know this information from her past life as Talia since the Hunt never happened in the original plot. She gathered this information through connections from the best merchant country, Crown Prince Yei Lin's Ming Country, to the largest port kingdom where traders from all around the world meet, Crown Prince Allistair's Monakre Kingdom. This information was worth a year of gathering.

Prince Lauren started to speak even if his cunning sapphire eyes were skimming every word written on the scroll. "You gathered this for my brother but you gave it to me just to save him. Is he worth saving when he's about to lose without this advantage?"

Tori flicked her hair slowly, her ruby eyes never leaving his sapphire ones. She gave Prince Lauren a sugary smile that could fool anyone except the two princes. "Have you forgotten that I am a Vesta candidate, your highness? I will be queen no matter who's the king." Tori did not blink under his scrutinizing eyes which earned her a nonchalant shrug from Prince Lauren.