CHAPTER 4

THE ARISTOCRATIC faction was in an uproar when Tori stepped foot into the Turvy. Gone were the customers that would usually welcome her and Lily. Instead, the aristocrats were loitering frantically outside the secret room.

Lady M immediately left the counter to welcome the newly arrived Tori. "Let's go to the secret room. Prince Corean is there." Lady M guided her to the familiar room where the round table was located.

"What did he say?" I am quite curious about the excuse he gave just to ensure Tessa's safety.

"He's talking trash. We all know that he's been fooling around with that commoner. The noble faction is gaining strength through Sir Oswald and now the common folks' support for the second prince will go down from the scandal."

As soon as the door opened, all eyes were on them. Lily like the usual just stayed outside. Nodding towards her trusted handmaiden, Tori stepped inside the room that just fell silent.

"Let's begin. The others are still catching up outside but they will just come here after that."

Tori went to her spot which was located to the second prince's side. Tori's sugary smile never faltered even for a second as she trotted gracefully. Everyone was watching her every move critically. They knew about Tori's ambition to sit on the throne. The lords of every house under the banner of the aristocrats supported her. Thus, they knew the scandal had a bigger impact on Tori. What they didn't know was the fact that it was her who orchestrated the entire ordeal just to dismiss Tessa while gaining the sympathy of the common folks.

Commoners' have such a simple mind. The last time, they were throwing eggs and tomatoes at me. And now, they are showing sympathy for me and they are even in awe at the rumors about me helping the ambitious servant. Aah, such fickle-minded beings they are.

I just demolished the Cinderella effect of Tesa's love for the second prince.

Lily reported to her that the palace servants started to support which Tori hated the most. By helping Tessa in front of everyone, her benevolence would cover the incident a year ago. As a Vesta candidate from the aristocratic faction, everyone viewed Tori as the second prince's fiancé. Who would doubt a lady who shielded the very same woman who coveted her seat?

"First, let us come up with a plan to stop the scandal from circulating." Lady M raised the faction's main priority.

Lord Tofera immediately suggested. "Let us create a diversion. Create a bigger scandal for the masses to forget about this."

You can't. I have Rowan spread the rumors about the treacherous Tessa and the pitiful Victoria to every cavern in the Empire. That's what makes him busy together with the two crown princes who were investigating Tessa's colorful background.

"And what type of scandal will be bigger than this?" Lord Harum asked Lord Tofera who later o fell silent after pondering for a good minute.

Lord Sozeni butted in, "How about we shifted the blame to the noble faction? We can argue that the samples are fabricated. He's a magician. The people will think it's a farce from the noble faction to destroy the second prince since the Hunt is coming."

Lady M nodded. She was probably considering the idea which made Tori internally smiled. Though this was just her backup plan, the results of this one could still benefit Tori in the long run.

It is still okay for me. They can prosecute Oswald as long as they will give me an opening to prosecute the Marquess and the Duke. It is still a win-win situation for me, so go on.