CHAPTER 3

A/N:

Thank you for this fan art @Kimizuuh<3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

THE ONE year that I only saw you from afar has been good to you, Prince Lauren.

Queen Aurina summoned Tori again for reasons beyond her comprehension but what welcomed her was Prince Lauren Eckrett. Tori observed that he grew taller like Prince Corean and became leaner than a year before.

Clad in her black-colored off-shoulder outdoor dress, her bare neck laid before the cunning first prince. He inspected her body without respect and as if he appreciated what he saw, he smiled like a total pervert.

"Blessings to the Empire's star, Prince Lauren." Tori curtsied in front of him to which he replied with a simple nod. What bothered Tori was his smiling face.

The exquisite flowers in front of the northern castle's garden at the back of the first prince almost made him looked like a prince charming straight out from a fairytale's page. Only, he was a viper hiding in a beautiful prince charming façade of his.

"Are you here to persuade that brother of mine to leave that poor commoner?" Prince Lauren's sapphire eyes met hers as he took one step at a time towards her still form. Tori did everything to smile like she usually did in front of everybody. "Has the stories about Lady Victoria Rozenreff, the tamer of the Monakre's iron nobles and the Ming country's scorpion, finally ended? With the way I see things, you are hopelessly clinging to someone that never wants you." The first prince encircled her as a predator would do to its prey.

Tori did not falter as she saw a pair of golden eyes looking at them from afar with a pesky little at in tow. Watch this, Prince Corean.

Tori finally looked at the first prince's eyes. "With the way I see things, his highness is also clinging to someone who never and will never want you," Tori answered with sarcasm oozing from her voice which contradicted her sweet voice and sugary smile.

His sapphire eyes sharpened for a split second before smiling back at her. This man is a dangerous being. Underestimating him will be my downfall if I will not be careful.

"You're existence is such a curiosity, Lady Victoria. You chew your family just to be the official heir. Even beasts do not eat their family. Tell me, will you chew my brother too?"

Tori's sugary smile never left her face even for a second. Instead of answering his bait, Tori baited him back which made his smile fell. "Would you rather be my meal then, your highness? I see that great concern you have with the second prince. I am a believer in love between siblings. I can change my plans and chew you instead."

His clenching jaws were enough for Tori to know that he lost the trap that he set. She knew that he was just baiting her to give in since the second prince was showing weakness through Tessa.