CHAPTER 30

BLACK FEATHERS covered the black silk from her waist and down. Black diamonds formed into flower designs that swirled around her chest while black laces covered her arms to her wrists. The outdoor dress that Queen Aurina specially prepared for this outdoor dress that Tori was wearing with the notorious black veil that covered her face from everyone to see.

"You looked hot. Hot in a way that the Sun God would like to fry." Sarcasm laced upon Crown Prince Allistair's voice as he watched her being adorned by her handmaidens.

Duke Rowan Castaña entered her room after three knocks with Crown Prince Yei Lin in tow. The former brought an elongated box with him which earned the interest of everyone aside from the occupied handmaidens. The young duke went straight to Tori who was standing and being surrounded by her handmaidens. "My ladies, will you excuse us for a minute?"

As soon as the handmaidens left, the young duke opened the rectangular case. The two princes expected a sword but were left astounded when they saw a black parasol with a sharp point as red and gold embroidery decorated around it.

"This will suit you wherever you go. As a noble lady, you can take this anywhere. But when cornered in a difficult situation, the sharp point is as sharp as the knight's sword. You will need this as you chose this path."

Yeah, the path full of thorns. I don't care about the blasted plot anymore. That plot will not be my limit, I made a mistake and I won't let Cory pay the price of my naivety.

Holding the parasol in her hand, Tori swung it to her right. The flowers from her vase fell on the floor when the sharp point of the parasol slashed them like the wind. The audible gasp of Lily rung inside the eerily silent room, a contradiction to the wicked gleam the reflected on Tori's eyes.

THE CARRIAGE of the Ming Country's royal envoy arrived just as Tori expected at the Monakre Royal Family's pavilion the same as the royal envoy of the Kingdom of Monakre at the palace. Though she knew that the noble faction spies were just outside the pavilion, Tori would use them for her benefit.

Clad in her mourning dress without the veil that obstructed her face, Tori, along with her vassals welcomed King Rei Lin of Ming Country. Prince Yei Lin stepped forward to kiss his father's ring as a sign of respect. Tori, on the other hand, bowed slightly as she placed her palm on her right chest. "Hailing Aku Shara's blessings upon you, Eastern Sun." Performing the basic curtsy in the Ming Country surprised the king which earned Tori a favor. After all, she prepared well for this meeting. She knew that the King of Monakre would do her bidding since he owed her a great favor. But Prince Yei Lin's father, King Rei Lin, was another entity. He was the king of the wealthy merchant country for a reason.

"Blessings to the Empire's shining comet of change, Lady Victoria Rozenreff." The commanding aura of the king whipped around them as he took her hand and kissed the back of her palm.

"Please, follow me, Your Majesty." Tori with Duke Rowan and Lily in tow led the king to the breathtaking garden of the pavilion while the two princes led the other officials to the prepared private banquet.

Duke Rowan acted as a knight more than a politician as Lily personally catered to the needs for the private tea time between Tori and King Rei Lin. Everyone was tensed except the two.

Serving the king an Oolong tea herself, Tori did not beat around the bush and went straight to her goal. "Your Majesty, How is the trade in the Centro?"

The Centro is the continent next to the Eckrett Empire that is composed of archipelagic countries that thrived because of the trade. The merchant country of the east wants to enter the systematic trading Centro, but the Eckrett's Trading Union made it harder for the Ming Country to join the inner circle of the large trading center of the world. The Trading Union was the lifeline of trades to the Ming country, Monakre Kingdom, and the Eckrett Kingdom towards the Centro. Though these long years of partnership become a hindrance to the Ming Country who could not start a new alliance due to being tied still to the Trading Union. And for someone who ruled a trade thriving country, this was quite a problem.