CHAPTER 27

HIS FEET brought him to where his knight whispered to him as soon as he stepped out from the throne room. According to the knight that he stationed to follow the people linked to Victoria, Marchioness Susana came to meet with Victoria secretly.

Cory arrived at his greenhouse. He waited outside right next to the door where Victoria would pass by. He listened to what Victoria and Marchioness Susana discussed and realized that Victoria was planning to destroy the Marquess. It never failed to astound Cory every time Victoria struck the noble faction with her wicked schemes.

The familiar wisp of her golden ringlets passed by him which alerted Corean immediately. "Be careful, Lady Victoria. Your pets might bite you someday if you abuse them too much."

His voice stopped her tracks. Victoria spun to where his voice came from. "Aww. Is that why you're rebelling against me? Am I abusing you now?"

Cory decided to play mind games with Victoria as this was the only thing left that would connect them. "You want everything, you said. You want the throne. Tell me, should I look after my back once you obtain the throne?"

Cory waited for Victoria to take his provocation. He tried his earnest to remain straight face as she walked closer to him. But when Cory realized that she did not have any intention to stop charging, he started to walk backward until he was stopped and trapped by the wall.

It was now Victoria's turn to bit back her grin upon seeing his wary expression. His forehead glistened with sweat as he leaned back his body away from her which was futile against her.

But Corean realized that her lithe body pressed to him was not a bad thing so he let her be. Victoria trapped him to the wall with her both hands while her right knee was situated between his knees. Victoria pinned her body to his as she traced his neck down to his chest using her right hand's nails. Flashed of that night entered in his mind, the burning passion seems to wake his primal needs.

They were in a compromising position but no one dared to interrupt them even the lurking royal knights around them. Her tempting breath tickled his neck which made him shiver no matter how hard he tried to hide it. "Yes, I want all. But the throne is not everything, your highness."

Cory looked into her seductive eyes. He whispered with ragged breath."What more do you want?"

"I want the throne but I also want you, Prince Corean Shuia Eckrett."

Cory wanted to laugh. If Victoria only knew, she already had him at the Turvy.

CORY LOOKED down at the figure on his bed. Merilla was the one who found her. She ambushed Prince Yei Lin's men when they were about to ship Tessa out of the Eckrett Empire. The next thing he knew, a hooded figure came into his private chambers. It was Tessa. He acted surprised that she was there since the entire kingdom knew that she was supposed to be at the mercy of Victoria Rozenreff.

Prince Yei Lin spoke behind him, who brought the sleeping drug that he asked to secure Tessa without restraining her. "Prince Lauren will be here any minute now, Prince Corean. You have to make her leave."

What the crown prince meant was the persistent Victoria, who was now standing behind the grand doors of his chambers. Now would be the third day. Victoria amazed him and it worried him too. No matter how much he insulted her to snap at him, she remained smiling towards him. The humiliation that she suffered because of his actions was something that could not be called trivial, but she was stubborn like him. Though it amazed him, her presence in the royal palace would endanger her even more. Cory planned to overthrow his father, that way; he could demolish the Vesta challenge. Since he planned to win this game, Victoria did not have to be here anymore. She needed a place away from this battlefield. And when the time was right, he would get her himself from the northern region and grovel for her forgiveness, if he lived.

"She will leave if I continue to ignore her like the other days. Just leave her be," said Cory while closing the drapes that covered his bed. He would not want to make it obvious to his brother that he drugged Tessa. "Isn't it time for you to go, Crown Prince Yei Lin?"

"Well then, I shall take my leave."

Proceeding to bathe, he left the crown prince. And after taking a bath, with only his bathrobe, his attention was drawn by the commotion behind the doors of his chamber. Cory was just sitting at his study table while crossing his arms as he dried his hair with a free towel. The entire time, he was clenching his jaws as he did not like what's happening behind the doors but all he could do was wait.

Cory's eyes sharpened when he saw Prince Lauren guiding Victoria by holding her waist as they entered his chamber. His brother looked down upon Victoria as he opened the door while guiding her. "After you," said Prince Laurean.

What calmed Cory a little was Victoria's toothy grin that she gave to his elder brother. It meant that she was absolutely irritated either with Prince Lauren, or him or with the situation. She bowed her head slightly before walking ahead of Prince Lauren.

Victoria did not saw him behind her as he approached them since she was busy being curious about who was resting on his bed. Victoria walked towards the bed but was stopped midway when he spoke. "What are you doing here, Lady Victoria?"

She spun in his direction. Victoria offered her sugary smile to him and his brother, she showed the tray she was holding. "Breakfast in bed for my beloved fiancé."

"How sweet of you, Lady Victoria. It makes me jealous, brother." Prince Lauren playfully nudged him which irritated him to no end. The meaning behind his words created a primal need to stake his claim to Victoria. But tall he could do was to scoff before walking towards his bed to pull the drapes together. "You can have her then, brother." In your dreams, Corean continued in his mind.

Victoria walked to the study table to place the tray down.

"Too bad, Prince Corean. I have my eyes set only at you," teased Tori while smiling sweetly. He recognized her smile as a sad reaction since she was closing her eyes as she smiled at him. He wanted to stop, but the weight of his need to secure her safety outweighs his conscience.

I need to make you leave to the north, Cory sadly thought.

"Save yourself from the humiliation and leave us, Lady Victoria. Go and I'll spare you."

Please go and save ourselves from creating more scars, Corean pleaded in his mind as he turned his back from her and his brother. Corean walked towards the receiving area of his chamber. Lauren followed as he carefully observed the scene that he created.

Cory thought that she would leave. Instead, Victoria gracefully walked towards them with her smiling mask that could rival even the sunlight. She calmly placed the tray on the center table before she sat next to him, who stopped talking after she took the seat. "What?" asked Victoria to the two silent princes.

"Leave or do you want me to call my knights to drag you away from my sight?" Corean pushed her more. He needed her to snap and to never come back with the hopes of participating in the Vesta challenge.

Prince Lauren interrupted, "Brother, give Lady Victoria a chance. It is our task to observe them."

"Trust me. I did my fair share of observing Lady Victoria Rozenreff. Stay out of this, brother. And please, Lady Victoria. Go save some dignity and leave me alone."

When Victoria stood quite calmly while holding her teacup, her smile never faltered as she faced him. Cory saw the dangerous glint in her eyes and internally smiled to himself as he realized that she finally gave up on him.

Victoria gracefully bowed her head to his brother. Her smile became even sweeter when she faced him. And the next thing he knew, he was bathing the tea that she prepared.

In some twisted way, Corean fell for Victoria all over again like how he fell for her during their first encounter at the Turvy. Cory wanted to shake his head with self-pity, it was quite clear that he developed a sick form of masochism.

Gaia blessed me when the time comes that I'll woo you, Victoria, Cory thought while his servants flocked around him. In his peripheral vision, he could see his brother hiding his smile as he sipped his tea.