CHAPTER 16

"THE ODYSEUS will land on the port of Theodam, a small port village near before the Mynron Cliffs. Come with me and let's stop this idea of yours." Prince Corean commanded Tori with his no-nonsense voice, but Tori only raised her brows as she crossed her arms with defiance.

"And you care because?" And who told you about this conquest of mine?

The second prince's icy glare replied at her question. So you want to play dumb huh? Then let's play stupid.

"Either way, his highness should mind his own business. And no. I will not go with you so please excuse me. I have a meeting to attend to. By the way, blessings to the empire's star." Tori curtsied before she went down to look for the chieftain.

"Victoria!"

No. Trusting you will be suicide. Not looking back at the second prince, Tori stopped to reply, "You need to go back alone, your highness. Tessa is waiting for you, after all. Please don't waste your time at me just to blame me in the end. Please leave me alone." Gone was her teasing tone as she stripped her façade for a moment just to show him how serious she was.

CHIEF KEIRAN Arin was sitting comfortably on a couch inside a luxurious cabin beside a similar-looking petite woman. The girl, who was around her age smiled at Tori the moment she stepped foot in the room. The chief looked behind her, and when he saw that the second prince was not with her he visibly let out a breath of relief.

The royals and the northern tribes have a strained relationship, huh.

Tori curtsied in front of the two who were relatives. "Blessings to the northern tribe, Chieftain Keiran Arin and his companion."

"Please take a seat, lady of the empire. You must have heard how savage the northern tribe folks are."

Sitting gracefully before them, Tori took notice of the lack of tea at the center table. She missed Lily's concoction.

"Nonsense, Your Grace. If we're talking about nasty rumors, then I am contender myself."

The girl perked up from Tori's answer which made the chief flinched as if he knew it would happen. "My brother is such a paranoid, yeah? My name is Akasha Arin, this dolt's little sister. By the way, you look so young! I heard from Keiran that you're the future head of an influential household in the empire? How cool is that!"

Tori could not hold her grin as she listened to the chatterbox in front of her. With the way things were, the way the young chief looked exasperated with his younger sister but could not even butt in. She realized that the weak point of the fierce northern tribe was sitting in front of her.

What a wrong move for you, honorable and fierce chieftain of the north. Openly displaying your weakness beside you, it is either you are stupid or you are arrogant.

"My name is Victoria Rozenreff, forgive me for the late introduction. It is both my pleasure and honor to be the emissary of the empire to the fierce northern tribe of Arin, the protectors of the wall."

The two stiffened when they heard the last four words of Tori. They were sure that she had no idea, no, they were sure that no one had the idea that the supposed glaciers and icy mountain ranges that protect the Arin Tribe were called "The Wall" which they protected instead.

The Wall. But for the king and Tori, it was the mine of platinum that would change the power play of the world. But before that, she needed to know the internal conflict within the northern region.