Forty Two

A sad and weeping Hanji can really tear you apart.

I've never seen her like this. And I'm not talking about the same sadness she had when Sawney and Beane died, this was more than that. She cried and cried, saying Erwin's name in between sobs as she lightly fixed the dead mans hair.

I shoo Floch away as he hurriedly went back to the others. Leaving me, Levi, Hanji, and a dead Erwin.

She looked so broken.

And I didn't know what to do...

I look at Levi as he looked sad as well, making me feel worse.

"Hanji..." I whispered.

"Erwin!" She yells from the top of her lungs, shocking me and Levi to the core.

Her sobs became heavier as she covers her face with her hands, tears running through her fingers as she chokes on the air.

—-Levi's Pov—-

I watch as (Y/N) gets down and burry Hanji into a tight hug. I was expecting Hanji to cry even more, but she actually calmed down a bit.

"(Y/N)? Why are you?..." Hanji says as her voice quivers.

"I'm sorry. I'm kinda freaking out about you crying. I'm just doing what Levi does to me." (Y/N) says, holding her like a baby.

I don't do that! Do I really?...

"Am I doing this right, Hanji?" (Y/N) says, holding her closer as Hanji lightly smiles.

"You're doing great." She says as (Y/N) nods her head.

Hanji wraps her arms around (Y/N) as she plays with her hair. (Y/N) even kissed her cheek as Hanji starts to blush, becoming a smiling maniac and burying her face in the crook of (Y/N)'s neck.

I frown and cross my arms.
I want attention, too...

"Does Rivaille really do this to you? I feel special." Hanji said, wiping away stray tears.

(Y/N) breaks the hug as her hands were still on Hanji's shoulders as she says, "You ok now?"

"I'll be fine." Hanji says lightly smiling. "Me and Erwin talked about this already. You know, if one of us dies and all."

(Y/N) lightly nods her head as she ruffled Hanji's hair.

"Now!" Hanji screams. "We need to talk about what just happened with you two! You just had your first fight!" Hanji says getting up, about to jump down from the roof.

"Where are you going, shitty glasses?"

"To a different roof! If I look at Erwin any longer, I'll cry blood." She says zipping away.

——————

"I'm sorry." (Y/N) says.

"No. I'm the one who got into your face. Armin was the wiser decision. I should be the one to apologize." I say holding her hands.

"You know... I'm going to miss, eyebrows." She says looking down.

"You and me both." I say bringing her into my embrace.

She wraps her arms around me, kissing my cheek as she lightly chuckles.

"What's so funny?"

"I actually almost punched you, Levi." She says as I rolled my eyes, knowing I can't stay mad at her.

I lock my lips with hers, savoring every second of it. She tasted like candy as she took away the sadness I had, not even a whole 20 minutes ago. I bring her close to me as possible as the kiss gets heated.