Forty Four

—-(Y/N)'s Pov—-

"Hey, queen!" Historia says smiling at me.

"Hey, Historia." I say winking at her.

"Your Grace." Armin, Mikasa, and Eren say, bowing in the process.

"Oh, stop it. Please. I'm not actually ruling yet." Historia says with a warm smile. "But wow. You've been through so much. Meanwhile, I've done nothing but watch the south sky and wait."

"It's an important duty of yours, just to keep safe and well." Armin says smiling as well.

"Yeah, he's right." Eren says

"Yeah." Mikasa says in agreement.

"It's good to see that you're still acting like yourselves." Historia says.

"Well, that might just be that it hasn't sunk in for us yet." Eren ushers.

"Why don't we get the ball rolling?" Hanji asks.

——————

" 'The Early Life Of Grisha Yeager,' " Zachary starts

" 'The Early Life Of Grisha Yeager,' " Zachary starts. " 'The Extent Of Our Knowledge Of Titans And Their History', and 'Information About The World Beyond The Walls.' The only people who know these books exist are those who are in this room now. These texts were obtained through the efforts of the 10 Scouts before us, and the 199 others who were lost. On this day, and in the Queen's presence. I'd like for all of us to assess our situation, and come to an agreement about our next course of action. Scout Regiment Commander, Hanji Zoë."

"Sir

"Sir." Hanji says getting up from her seat. "The Scouts have suffered a brutal, staggering blow. In exchange for the lives of many heroes, including my deceased husband, Erwin Smith, we have retaken Wall Maria and seized control of the Colossal Titan, with all its fearsome strength. That said, we humans living inside the walls have just learned how precarious our situation is. I'd believe if Titans were the only monsters we had of enemies. Unfortunately, the true nature of the foe we face... is human. It's a whole civilization. One could say that it's us against the world. According to these books, we're of a special race that can turn into Titans, called 'The Subjects Of Ymir.' We ruled the world once, and some fear that we will again. So despite our past century of pacifism, most in this world would like to wipe us out. Doctor Yeager did manage to achieve this mission, and he passed the Founding Titan to his son, Eren. The Founding Titan's full might can only be brought to bear when the power is possessed by someone of royal blood. However, when a royal comes to possess the Founding Titan, they're overpowered by their ancestor's will, and they continue down the path he set before them. Such is the power of his vow renouncing war. However, Eren has commanded Pure Titans once in the past to escape from a dire situation. So despite his lack of royal blood, it's at least conditionally possible for Eren to wield the power, too. But-"