Fifty Eight

⚠️WARNING ⚠️
THIS CHAPTER IS FULL OF SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA!

•You have been warned•
💀💀💀

——————

—-Hanji's Pov—-

As we continue down the path the explosion came from... we see a Titan up ahead. Steaming uncontrollably.

"A Titan?!" One of the Yeagerists say.

I also noticed two horses, dead as a pile of wood was behind it. Did a carthorse get blown to pieces?...

I thought, about to climb off my horse to inspect it.

"Commander Hanji." One of the Yeagerists says sternly. "You need to stay still!"

I ignore his words, noticing something, no... someone laying by the lake side. Not moving an inch.

I immediately jump off my horse and say, "Someone's there!" I ran to them. "Hey! Are you alive?!" I flip them over to see their face.

 "Hey! Are you alive?!" I flip them over to see their face

"Levi?..." I choked out.

"Help... her..." He breathed. "...Help (Y/N)..." I barley heard him say.

I curse, lightly laying him back on the grass, about to search for (Y/N) as one of the Yeagerists spoke.

"Who's boot is that?"

I immediately turn my head to that direction, seeing indeed a boot on the side of the lake, but not just any boot. (Y/N)'s combat boot...

But something was off about it...
Instead of it moving with the water, it just laid there stiffly, not moving with the currents. The position was weird too. The sole of the boot was facing towards the sky, not to mention a crimson red color surrounding it in the water.

I walk over, grabbing at the boot as I pull (Y/N) out, knowing damn well that she might've already drowned, but I couldn't give up on her just yet.

I hurriedly carried her drenched and bloodied body bridal style, back to Levi as I gently laid her down next to him.

"We got lucky, though. Our biggest threat, covered in his own blood." Floch ushered to Levi. "Make sure Captain Jax is fine."

"I'll send a shot through his head." One of the Yeagerists say as they aim their gun at Levi's head.

"He's dead." I lie to them. "They must have been hit by a thunder spear explosion from a close range. I saw something similar in a training accident. They died immediately."

"I know how to take a pulse. Let me see them." Floch commands.

"Floch! Something's wrong with that Titan!" A Yeagerist shouts.

I turn my head, looking at the Titan that's laying on its stomach as it seemed like it was sucking steam into itself.

"Is it disappearing? Did it die?" Floch asked.