• FURY •

"Marley!" Her mum called from downstairs. "He's here!"

She stood in her room, looking into her body long mirror. Her dark blue dress clung to her waist, then loosened after. The skirt was as long as her thighs and the fabric gradually got longer as it reached around the back. The longer material was clear and netted, still blue, and stopped at the back of her knees. Marley's hair was platted back into a loose bun. Small pieces of hair that were too small to fit into the bun framed her face. She was ready for prom.

"Hey," Marley mumbled as she walked down the stairs. Isaac stood at the bottom in his brothers old black and white suit. He turned to look at his best friends.

"Woah- you look- woah," Isaac stumbled, his eyes travelling down her dress.

"Eyes up here Lahey," she said. She grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the door.

"Are we not gonna get a picture from your mum?" He asked as Marley closed the door.

"Nope," Marley said and pulled out her phone. "She doesn't care. So we're taking a selfie."

Isaac put his arms around Marley's shoulder and put his face against hers. They both smiled at the camera. A photo was taken. Marley pouted her lips dramatically, Isaac following after. Another photo. Isaac turned his head and kissed her cheek, causing Marley to chuckle. The last photo was taken.

"Okay, I have to be back at 11:00," Isaac said, in all seriousness. His father wouldn't be happy if he was late.

"Do you wanna be prom queen?" Isaac asked. They had arrived at the school, drank a little, and mostly stayed in the corner of the room. Now, they were sat at a white sheeted table. There was a moment where they laughed at Scott dancing with Danny, and Marley had made fun of Isaac's suit since his sleeves were too short for him.

"Do I look like a wanna be prom queen?" Marley asked from the chair. "I wouldn't want it to turn into that horror movie, Clarice."

Isaac thought for a moment. "You mean Carrie?"

"Huh?"

"Clarice is from Silence of the Lambs, Carrie is Steven King," Isaac corrected. They had watched both movies together, Carrie was watched at the cinema.

"Same thing," Marley shrugged.

"One got covered in pigs blood and the other investigated a Cannibal. They're pretty different," Isaac stated. Marley sighed dramatically.

"If I dance with you, will you shut up?" She asked, looking miserable as ever.

"Y-uh, yes," Isaac stuttered. The whole night, he was too scared to wake Marley to dance. Then there she was, asking him. #IndependentWomen

They both stood up and moved to the dance floor where a slow song was playing. They stood opposite each other.

"Put your hands here," Marley said as guided Isaac's now sweaty hands to her waist. "And I'll put mine here."

She put her hands on his shoulder and swayed a little. After Isaac snapped out of his daze, he followed her steps. Two, three songs went by, and they were still dancing. They had gradually moved closer together, Isaac's hands comfortably on Marley's lower back, and her arms and head and his shoulders.