• MOTEL CALIFORNIA •

Marley stumbled out of the bus and felt her old school converse hit the cold floor. When she agreed to take the joy ride with Lydia and Allison, she didn't think she would be out all day, and now night. Luckily, she dressed in her usual comfy attire; mom jeans and a baggy shirt. Style wasn't her strong suit, but it went well with her.

Marley moved and stood next to Isaac, hugging her arms to her chest. Everyone gathered around as coach prepared to speak.

"Listen up. The meet's been pushed till tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up. Choose wisely," Coach said, holding out red keys.

"We rooming?" Isaac asked Marley, she nodded in response. Marley went to take the key from coach when he pulled away.

"And I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little deviants. Got that?" Coach said in their faces. Marley wanted to argue but knew that he was right. "Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

"I'll go with Boyd, but I'll come and see you later, okay?" Isaac asked, kissing Marley cheek and walking backwards.

"Yeah," Marley said. She looked around and saw no single person to share a room with. "Coach, who do I go with?"

"Allison and Lydia. Sleep on the floor, of push the beds together, I don't care," Coach replied, walking off and shaking his head. Marley turned around and saw the girls stood by the bus.

"I don't like this place," Lydia said, looking around.

"That's the point," Marley said.

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place," Allison joked. "It's just for a night."

"A lot can happen in one night."

...

"Wow, smells like someone died in here," Marley said, scrunching her nose up. She didn't bring much but a small bag, with snacks, water, and one of Isaac's cardigans.

"There's only two beds," Allison said. Two singles beds sat next to each other, looking as used as ever.

"We can push them together," Lydia said, setting her bag down by the door. Marley sat on a small chair perched by the window and swung her legs over the arm.

"I do love spooning," Marley said, making light of the situation. Lydia looked at her, rolling her eyes, and Allison smiled at her. "I'm kidding."

Allison moved into the bathroom and slowly moved around it. Marley zipped open her back and pulled out a bag of Candies, immediately popping one into her mouth.

"The towels smell horrible," Allison said, placing down the dirty green towels that were folded by the shower. Lydia sighed once again. "They smell like cigarettes."

"I wonder," Marley said sarcastically, eyeing up the no smoking sign that was placed above a cigarette tray.

"Well I'm not drying myself off with dirty towels," Lydia said, dropping her eyes by her legs. She looked the most stressed Marley had ever seen her. "Come on Marley, we'll go get new towels."

"Um, okay?" Marley said, swinging her legs off of the chair and following Lydia out of the door. The door shut behind them as they walked down the passage way. What they didn't see was Scott enter their room with a dull, emotionless face.