• THE FOX AND THE WOLF •

"Hey," Marley said as she stepped into the kitchen. She smiled at Liam who was filling up a glass of water. She opened the fridge and noticed her brother looking at her gingerly. "What?"

"Nothing. It's just- you seem happier," Liam said, standing awkwardly, not with his usual frown.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Marley chuckled, pulling a fresh apple from the bottom draw. Her and Liam were very picky when it came to fruit. They would never eat mouldy or out of date food, or anything that was squishy when it shouldn't be. And they particularly loved green apples, cold from the fridge. Their mum would always tell them off for opening a fresh packet of apples when there was one already open in the fruit bowl.

"No, it's a good thing," Liam said. "You just seemed so different a week ago. Like you were on the verge of death."

Marley sighed and leant in the counter. "Like I was overly irritated, jittery, with dark circles under my eyes?" Liam nodded. "Yeah, that wasn't a good look for me," Marley joked. "But is fine now. I didn't even think you noticed."

"Of course I did. Well- I mean," Liam stuttered. He'd never want to admit it, but he cared dearly for Marley, his big sister. "I talked to mum about you and she just said you were fine."

"She'd say that if my skull was slit open," Marley said.

"You really scared me. You looked terrible and you were so unhappy," Liam said, making Marley realise that he was actually really worried. She knew all of her friends were worried about her, they knew what she was going through. But Liam didn't. Her sister was completely changed and he didn't know why.

"You have no reason to be worried," Marley said, stepping forward and pulling Liam into a hug. He hesitated at first, but put his arms around her waist. "I'm okay. Nothing is going to happen to me, I promise."

Marley and Liam were very alike siblings. At first glance, they looked tiny and like they had squeezable cheeks. Then when you got to know them, they were quite tough and wouldn't put up with shit. People would assume that they weren't a hugging person. But they were. They loved hugs. They didn't get them from their mum, or even their dad since he was across the country. The only person Marley really openly hugged was Isaac. Liam didn't have anyone. So when Marley hugged him, he felt more loved than he had in a while.

"You're okay now?" Liam asked, reassuring himself. Marley pulled away from the hug and looked down at him, grateful for the brother she was blessed with.

"Of course," she said quietly, with a sad smile. "Let's go watch a film."

...

Marley lay flat in her bed, staring at the ceiling. It was the only place she could look as her body was fixed to her bed by Isaac's body. He had his chest up against her arm, his head weighing down her shoulder and his hand placed in her boob.

She was extremely uncomfortable, with two limbs with pins and needles, and he boob was sweaty under Isaac's hand. She had tried to push his palm down to on her stomach, but his conscious mind always moved it back up.

The feeing in her shoulder was becoming irritation, so she tried to loved ever so slightly. Marley fidgeted to adjust her position, hopeful that she'd find some comfort. But Isaac's groaned and pushed his hand further onto her shoulder, just so that his hair tickled under her jaw. Marley sighed and law still again in defeat.

Marley knew she wasn't going to get much sleep. She just didn't want to; she was scared. Void had broken out of Eichen house the other night and no one knew where he was. She knew that Stiles had given in to the Nogistune because she felt cold and sick again. It was only for a few minutes, but it was still there. Marley was scared that Void would try to contact her or bring out her Vixen. The last thing she wanted to do was sleep and wake up to find that she had been taken control by a Japanese spirit. So she stayed awake. For as long as she could, anyway.