• ANCHORS •

"So you just woke up screaming?" Isaac asked as him and Marley walked through the school grounds.

"Yeah."

The night before the first day back at school after a week off, Marley had woken up in the early hours of the morning. She had sat up in her bed and screamed herself awake. The weird part was, she wasn't even dreaming.

"Marley?! What's going on?" Her mum asked as she rushed through the door, Liam following close behind. Marley sat in her bed, panting and looking around.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked. Marley nodded, unsure of what happened. She hadn't had a bad dream of scary thoughts, heck she didn't even remember having any kind of dream. Just waking up to a small pain in her chest and a headache.

"Yeah... yeah I'm, I'm fine," Marley said. "Sorry I woke you."

"You should be," her mother said sourly. "Go back to sleep."

Her mother walked out of the room, but Liam stayed put. "You sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine Liam. Just a bad dream."

"I wasn't even dreaming," Marley said as they walked down the sunlit stairs. "I'm just going insane."

"Hey, stop," Isaac said gently, taking her hands and bringing her to a halt. He scanned over her face. "You look exhausted. You sure you wanna be in school today?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," Marley said, smiling gratefully. Isaac frowned, not believing her.

"I can drive you home if you want," Isaac offered.

"It's okay," Marley said, standing on her tiptoes to peck his lips. "Thank you."

...

"Not the steadiest hand for a superb marksman," Lydia said from the other side of Allison. Marley sat on the hunters right side, peering over to look at her shaky hand that attempted to put the paintbrush to the paper. After hearing about Allison hallucinations because of the ice bath, Marley felt up to date.

The task in art class was simple; paint the picture of a fruit that was stapled to your easel. Marley's was green pear with freckles of brown. Art class was her favourite (obviously, since her aspirations evolved around painting Italy) so naturally, she was quick into her painting. Allison hadn't done a thing.

"It's been happening for the past few weeks. Since that night," Allison said. She put her paintbrush down and splashed the watered down red paint onto the white paper. A row of red dots captured Allison's sanity in a matter of seconds. Lydia stood up and ripped the paper from the easel, snapping Allison out of her daze.

"Start over," Lydia said. She noticed Marley yawning. "You okay Marley?"

"Yeah, sorry, just tired."

The girls continued to paint. Isaac sat on the other side of the classroom by himself. He would have sat with Marley, but they agreed that it was unhealthy to sit with each other every lesson, so spacing themselves out was a good thing. This was especially good for Isaac because it meant that he could see Marley. Before the two were dating, merely best friends, they would love to be in each other's company and they wouldn't have to say anything. Marley would always draw Isaac, and he would always watch her micro-expressions when she drew.

So in art, Isaac would watch her paint. But he chose not to paint the picture of a green apple, and paint a yellow and pink sunset instead.