• ALPHA PACT •

"Do you see the twins?" Isaac asked as the car came to a halt at the end of the hospital car park. Marley turned her body to look behind and out of the back window.

"No," Peter said. "But I see the argent."

Marley looked out of the front window and saw Allison and her father run past the corner. They stopped and looked around.

"Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, but wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive, hmm?" Isaac asked, holding his hand to his face. After no response, he and Marley turned and saw the back door wide open and no sight of Peter.

"Where are the others?" Allison asked as Marley and Isaac hurried out of the car.

"I don't know. Scott and Stiles went back for Derek and Jennifer. We had to get Cora out," Isaac said, rubbing his palms on his jeans nervously. A black car, known as Derek Hale's pulled up abruptly. Derek got out immediately.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asked again, hoping for a better answer.

"Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us," Derek said. He rushed into the Argent's car and picked Cora up with ease. "We have to go right now."

Isaac rushed over to Derek's car and opened the back doors. Marley followed him and climbed into the back next to Cora. She stood on the car step and held onto the door as she watched everyone talk.

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Marley asked. They all wanted answers, but Derek was withholding information.

"Jeniffer took Melissa," Derek said, walking over to the other side of the car. Isaac's face sank, so did Marley's. Melissa was a mother figure to both; Isaac's actual mother was dead, and Marley was barely visible to hers. Losing Melissa was a real blow.

"What about Scott?" Allison repeated. Derek stood by the car door, looking at her nervously. "Derek, where's Scott?"

...

"She's dying, isn't she?" Marley asked as she stood by Derek's bed. Cora lay in the middle, black staining her lips and her face white like a sheet. Marley didn't need supernatural senses to know Cora wasn't likely to make the night.

"I don't know," Derek mumbled, his hands covering his face. Isaac stood close to Marley. Close enough for her to practically feel his racing heartbeat.

"So what are you gonna do?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know," Derek repeated.

"Want to figure something out? Because while Scott and Stiles were out there trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, rolling around the sheets with the actual killer," Isaac said through a venomous voice Marley had never heard before. She wanted to interject but agreed with everything Isaac was saying. In fact, if she were saying it, it would be a lot worse. "Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing nothing!"

"Isaac," Marley said, her words barely audible.

"Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely?" Isaac asked, tears welling in his eyes, his voice sticky with anger.

"Maybe," Derek said. Isaac took Marley by the hand abruptly, only dragging her so far before letting go. "I told Cora I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her."