• BATTLEFIELD •

Stiles sat in Miss Morrell's office. He talked about Matt's death, and how he was sorry but not upset. Then, he talked about Scott, then Allison, then Marley.

"Marley? She's practically broken," Stiles started. "First, her best friend goes missing after being accused of murder. A childhood friend of hers turned out to be an actual murderer and is now dead. Things at home haven't changed, she's still bottom of the priority list. I think Marley doesn't cope well with change. So much for her has just been completely flipped around in the last months."

"How about we get back to you, Stiles?"

...

"Thanks for letting me be here, Deaton," Marley said as she sat on an empty table. After the other nights happenings, she was a little jittery. Her mind kept talking her that she was being watched or that someone was planning to hurt her. Marley needed to talk to someone. Scott happened to be available.

"No worries, you're welcome anytime," Deaton said as he pulled a tin of needles out. "Plus, the dogs like you anyway."

Scott walked back in and gently placed a white dog onto the examination table. Marley moved over and ran her hand through its curls.

"You okay?" Scott asked. Marley nodded, she did mean it.

"I feel so useless," Marley said.

"What do you mean?"

"You and Allison can defend yourselves. Stiles is really smart, and I'm just... there," Marley said, not taking her eyes off of the dog.

"Marley, you were so much help the other night. You broke free from the cuffs. That was pretty amazing. And the way you handled Matt," Scott said.

She shook her head disappointedly. "I was a mess."

"You were scared. Being scared doesn't make you any less brave," Scott said. Marley looked up and smiled at the boy.

"Have you talked to Allison?" Marley said as she stepped back and leant on a desk.

"No, not since that night." Deaton walked back in and pulled out a bottle of something. Marley didn't have any idea what he was doing but didn't want to interfere and ask. The from door rang.

"Would you mind seeing who that is?" Deaton asked Scott. Before he could move, all of the dogs started to bark, which unsettled everyone. Marley eyes Scott before peering out of the door. "It's okay Isaac, we're open."

Marley's head whipped around like a flash, hearing his enchanted name was like an addiction. Like an alcoholic is drawn to a bar, Marley was drawn to his name. Isaac. She moved quickly next to Scott to see Isaac stood there in the door.

She wasn't sure how they got there, but all four people were suddenly stood around the table looking down at the dog. It was probably because Marley was panicking 'oh my god why is Isaac here?' 'Please don't talk to me, but don't not talk to me'. Scott held the dog down whilst Deaton injected sedatives into its lower back.

"Why does it smell like that?" Isaac asked bluntly. Scott and Deaton shared a look, Marley smiled down into her hands. "What?"

"Scott said almost the same thing to me a few months ago. One day he could somehow tell the difference between which animals were getting better and which were not," Deaton said. Isaac though for a moment, looking down at the dogs glum expression.

"He's not getting better, is he? Like cancer," Isaac asked. He knew the answer, he didn't need correcting.

"Osteosarcoma. It has a very distinct scent, doesn't it? Come here. I know you're well aware of what your new abilities can do for you. Improved strength, speed, and healing. You ever wonder what it could do for others?" Deaton asked, Isaac moving to stand next to him. Marley moved behind Deaton and slotted herself in between the two.