• LETHARIA VULPINA •

ᵂʰᵉⁱˢ ᵈᵒᵒʳᵒᵗ ᵈᵒᵒʳ?

Marley pushed through the crowds of people. She muttered multiple 'sorrys' as her shoulders collided with panicked patients. She did her best to get through the hospital halls. Her heart beat was rapid against her chest. She kept hearing those words.

⸮ɿoob ɒ ƚo ɿoob ɒ i ᴎɘʜW

The lights flickered in the hallway. It was empty, so Marley ran as far as she could, her steps taking her to the stairs. She climbed over a table that had been knocked to the floor and stumbled through piles of paper. She held her pounding head.

ЩΉΣП IƧ Λ DӨӨЯ ПӨƬ Λ DӨӨЯ?

The front doors of the hospital had never given Marley such relief. She sprinted out of the doors, hearing what sounded like electricity. At first, she thought it was that noise that she had been hearing for a week, but this was actually real.

She stepped outside and stopped. At electrical cable was swinging around in the air aggressively, spraying beams of electricity out of the end. Water was leaking out of a drain that had been knock over by an ambulance. Marley looked to the corner of the puddle to see the ambulance operator laying on the floor, sparks squirming up his body. The water was electrified.

A black car pulled up, just a few feet before the puddle. Marley could see Isaac and Allison inside.

"Get back!" Kira shouted, wailing her arms around. "Everyone get back!"

Allison and Isaac stepped out of the car slowly, not noticing Marley stood by the entrance to the hospital. A woman stepped out of her car, immediately stepping into the water. She shook and fell to the floor. Allison walked forward to help and almost stood in the water, but Isaac pushed her out of the way. He stumbled forward and his feet planted in the water.

"Isaac!" Marley shouted, seeing her boyfriend shake in the electrical light and fall to the floor and land on his side. Another car drove right through the puddle and stopped just before it hit Kira. The girl stepped on top of the car and flipped backwards in the air, landing in the centre of the puddle. Scott and Derek ran towards where Allison was standing and watched as Kira reached out and caught the electrical wire. Slowly and timidly, she cupped her hand over the end and stopped the sparks coming from the end. Moments later, she threw it to the floor, away from the water.

"Isaac!" Marley shouted again, running across the puddle, her boots flicking water up, and skidding on her knees to land in from of Isaac. He lay still in his side, eyes open, unresponsive. Derek bent over near him and checked his pulse. Water soaked through Marley's jeans as she patted Isaac's face gently to wake him up.

"Isaac? He's not breathing," Derek said. "Scott, he's not breathing!"

...

⸮ɿoob ɒ ƚo ɿoob ɒ i ᴎɘʜW

I don't know what that means

աɦɛռ ɨֆ ǟ ɖօօʀ ռօȶ ǟ ɖօօʀ?