• GALVANIZE •

"Marley, I'm okay," Isaac said.

Isaac had taken Marley home after finding Malia and sat down with her. By this time, his leg had healed.

"Marley, talk to me," Isaac said, inching to sir closer to her and tucking the hair from her face. "Please."

"I'm sorry," Marley mumbled before tears welled in her eyes. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have panicked. I could have got you out sooner but I'm just useless-"

"Hey, stop that," Isaac said forcefully. He hated it when Marley belittled herself because he knew that she contributed 100% of her time to the pack. "You are not useless, okay? You got me out of the trap. Please, look at me."

Isaac tilted her head up with his finger so that her face was to him. A single tear fell from Marley's eye and rolled down her rosy cheek.

"I'm sorry," she whispered again. Isaac wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest. Marley didn't cry this time; her eyes were sore and she was dehydrated. She physically couldn't Cry. "I can't watch you get hurt anymore, Isaac. I can't."

"It's okay," Isaac cooed as he cradled her.

"I can't."

...

Marley and Isaac walked hand I hand through the school the very next day. Isaac had stayed with Marley the whole night, cheering her up and informing her every few minutes that his leg was in fact healed. After some persuasion, she believed him. Now, it was Halloween. The night before, she was supposed to sneak into school with Stiles and prank Coach, but she had to cancel for obvious reasons.

"This years prank might not be as extravagant as I'd hoped, but there's always next year," Marley said as they pushed through the double doors. She had planned to spread gorilla glue all over her teachers desks, so that when they put their stuff down it would stay stuck. But that was too risky to do when everyone was at school.

"So what are you doing instead?" Isaac asked.

"There's a simple lever on the teachers chairs, so when I take that off quickly, the chair will fall under the teachers weight," Marley explained. "I'm gonna sneak into Miss Gardner's class at break and do it for third period."

"That's a a lot crueler than your original plan of gorilla glue," Isaac said. He secretly loved the plan but didn't want to admit that he had a thing for Marley's mischievous side.

"Well, Miss failed me in psychology, so it's only fair," Marley said as they approached Scott and Stiles. Stiles patted Scott's shoulder and stepped to the side to walk away.

"You are the hottest girl," Stiles said, leaving Scott dum smacked. Isaac and Marley looked at Scott in confusion, not understanding the statement that was very out of context.

"Wha..." Isaac said, looking between where Stiles had left and Scott.

"I'm the hot girl," Scott said as he raised his eyebrows.

Isaac nodded strangely. "Yes you are."

Scott smiled cutely and blushed as he grinned at Marley then walked away. Isaac smiled as he watched Scott walked happily down the halls.

"Is everyone at this school gay or something?" Marley asked. She couldn't count the amount of times that everyone in the school was acting a little sus. Half the people in their friend group acted fruity.

"You're literally pansexual," Isaac said, opening his locker. Marley leant against the one beside him and looked around.

"And I have a great gaydar."