1 - New Arrivals

Kaiden

"Is that Kaiden Pierce?!"

"Holy shit, he got hot!"

I smirk slightly at that statement, walking almost lazily in the parking of Credence High, towards the amphitheatre. I spot my group of six friends talking amongst themselves.

"It cannot be him! What happened to Fattycake?!"

"I bet Hayley is regretting what she did so bad!"

The whispers around me get louder, more distinct. I ignore them.

"Hey guys!"

I wiggle my fingers in greeting, fully aware I'm seconds away from being bitch slapped into infinity.

Raven, Aaron, Alex, Bella, Daniel and Ryan look up at me. The shock on their faces is almost comical. Daniel's mouth is open and Aaron blinks rapidly like I'm a hallucination. Bella's eyes are wide like saucers. Ryan's hand is over his mouth. Alex is the only one smiling.

A book comes flying towards me and I duck quickly.

"Come on Raven, that's a hard bound!" I mumble, narrowly dodging that giant brick from colliding with my face.

"What the fuck?!" Raven yells, ever the subtle one. "Where the fuck have you been?! And how the fuck did you- ?!"

She looks me up and down, at a loss for words.

"You look like a fucking jury on these steps, a hello would have been nice," I laugh.

Instead, Raven hugs me tightly, her head just barely reaching my chest now. I pat her hair fondly.

I look at everyone and realise how much I missed them.

"Fuck you dude, you grew a whole foot! I missed your fat face! Or your used to be fat face..." She trails away, biting her lip.

"Where the fuck have you been?! Two whole months of summer and we haven't been able to reach you!" Bella yells, recovering from her initial shock.

"Honestly man, you need to drop that diet. You look like a different person! I had to look twice to check if that was you!" Alex says, coming up to fist bump me.

"Hey Alex, you grew taller too! And oh man, a beard?! Hide the ladies!" I laugh.

He makes the fuckboi face. I push him away, grinning.

"So, this is what you were doing? Working out all day?!" Ryan asks, beaming.

"Not all day per se. But yeah that shit was hectic," I laugh.

"Dude what the hell, you look fucking hot! I guess I gotta workout harder now, you're going to steal all the spotlight!" Daniel grumbles. Then he smiles, his grey eyes crinkling in the corners.

"Come on, you're always the pretty boy Daniel. That earring looks good on you, by the way!"

"It does right?! Thanks man you're the only one who actually noticed that. Unlike some people!"