43 - Hopes & Happiness

Kaiden

A week of being bedridden has made me restless, so I am looking forward to having a fun dinner tonight with my friends.

However my Mum is in a mood, pacing my room, ranting about how I should be safe when I'm in public with Nathan. So apparently he told his dad the real reason for my injuries and in turn, Dr. Dylan told my mom and now I'm being confronted in a very awkward way.

Mum isn't annoyed but instead she's embarrassing me to the point I want to bury myself.

"Do you know how intercourse works? You have to be safe! Use condoms even if both of you are clean!"

"Oh my god Mum!" I groan, hiding my face in my hands.

"Where have you been having sex? This bed? Goodness Kaiden, I left you alone because I thought you were responsible and you're going around having sex with your classmate? At least I'm glad I wouldn't come home to a grandchild anytime soon."

"Mum stop! I will look up anything I need on Google!"

"Don't stick up foreign objects anywhere! I have seen several EMT cases where people come in with unimaginable things shoved where the sun don't shine!"

Kill me. Kill me now.

"Mum! Please, stop that right now. I don't wanna hear anything else!"

"No, you listen to me Kaiden! I am already hurt I found out about your relationship from Dylan. Now you're denying me the right to educate you about said relationship! You wouldn't even have told me if it wasn't for him!"

"This is exactly why I wasn't going to tell you!"

Mum looks hurt and I backtrack immediately.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I mean, I was afraid you'd tell Dad. And I couldn't explain why I'd gotten beat up so bad without exposing myself."

She sighs and pulls me to her, places her palms on my cheeks.

"Baby. I'm your mother, my sweetpea. You can tell me anything and everything and I swear on your life, I will never judge you. You're my baby boy Kaiden. What kind of a mother would I be if I hated you for something you cannot control!" she says softly, kissing my forehead.

I smile when she rakes her fingers through my hair, pushing it out of my eyes.

"I was just freaking out, Mum. Besides, Nathan was kicked out of his previous school because his boyfriend's father found out about them. So you can see why I didn't want any parental figure knowing."

Her dark eyes widen.

"Are you serious?"

I nod.

"Poor Nathan. I'm glad you met him, he is such a nice boy and you seem happy with him."

"I am, Mum. I love him! And I'm so relieved that you're not against us."

"I'd never be against something that makes you happy, Kai baby. Also, the same boy is currently standing on your balcony," Mum laughs quietly.

I turn and Nathan opens the door at the same time, walking in. He stops short, seeing my Mum, eyes wide.

"H-hi, Mrs. Pierce!" he stutters breathlessly.

"Hello Nathan. I'll pretend I didn't see anything okay?" Mum winks. I laugh. Nathan goes red.

"See you downstairs for dinner in some time then. Welcome to the family Nathan," she smiles before leaving my room. I love my mom so much.