4 - Free Starbucks

Kaiden

Nathan is a Mr. Know It all.

Granted he's smart and Biology seems to be a part of him, like he swallowed the entire textbook but he is insufferable sometimes.

"Kaiden, that's too much stain! You're gonna clog the damn slide!"

"You do it then, if you're so clever!" I huff, giving up. "God you're irritating!"

"I'm just a perfectionist. And it's literally the easiest part of mounting, you can't possibly get that wrong?"

Apparently I can.

"Quit with the acting. We both know you're the slob!" I nudge him, grinning. He laughs.

"Fine. At least I can do a better slide than you and no, that is not up for debate!" 

"I'll just stick to the diagrams then," I concede.

We work in silence for a while, him writing the observations and me doing the paperwork. We make a good team, our work ethic is compatible even if he is a bossy bitch.

It's very rare that this happens for me so I'm glad my senior year assignments for this class would be with him. And I'm hoping for every other class as well... to have an excuse to be near him.

"How's school going? You're disgustingly popular already, I am jealous!"

We're allowed to talk in lab, just not loud enough to disrupt others.

"Don't be, I'd much rather just stick with you. Everyone else only wants to get me in bed," he mumbles.

"And how do you know that? Friendship is a thing, you know," I chuckle, trying to ignore the butterflies at his statement.

"I have impeccable instincts."

"What are you, a wild animal?"

Nathan smiles, making my heart skip a beat.

"Only you, Kai-Pie."

"There's that nickname again! Stop calling me that!"

"Nope, shan't."

*****

"Where are you going? You can sit with us for lunch. Or are you gonna sit with Sasha again?" I tease, after our Chemistry lecture.

I made sure I was paired with him again, purely for academic purposes.

Our professors usually assign pairs with seating pattern. I may or may not have intentionally pushed Raven out of the way, to sit beside him. She didn't notice, thankfully.

"I have work with the Principal. I'll catch up later?" He smiles, sauntering off.

I spot a few juniors ogle him. He smiles politely at them before walking away and they giggle. What a bunch of simps! Right, as if I am not the same.

I make my way to my group at our usual table, smiling to myself.

"Stop fraternising with our enemy!" Daniel groans. I roll my eyes.

"Getting tired of your shit Daniel. We've been through this already," Alex sighs.

"Yeah man, he's my friend," I mutter.

"Guys guys! I was thinking, for Spirit Week, we could keep the following days!" Bella interrupts us, sitting beside me with a folder of papers and notebook. She pushes her glasses up her tiny nose, looking overworked and frazzled.

Girl does the most for the student body and keeps everything strictly confidential as per rules, so we can't even help the poor thing out.

"Pajama Day?" she asks.