Chapter 14 - The Father's Call

DAMIEN POV

Last night as expected my parents were excited to meet Sophia. I plan to tell her about it ever since we kissed I want her in my arms and claim her. I know she's been avoiding me for some reasons and I want to know why.

Since I'm done with catching up notes and lessons my regular classes are back to normal. Meaning I'll be with my mate most of the time. I personally talked to the Principal to change my schedule. I'm glad he did since he is also a werewolf and understands about mates.

(FLASHBACK --- Homeroom Class)

I can feel Sophia is avoiding me and I don't know why. I'm running out of ways thinking of any reasons she would do that.

'Why don't we ask her friend's help?' Crimson helped me out with idea.

'You are a Genius but I don't remember her name, do you?' I returned the question.

After my small chat with my wolf I went to find for her friend. God thing Sophia is not yet here but I'm worried though. I was about to approached her when I heard my name was called.

"Damien!" Anthony raised his hand.

"You know him?" Sophia's friend pointed at him.

"Yeah he's my team mate last year." Anthony confirmed while I sat on my chair.

"Thanks man for the seat. Hi, your friends with my... I meant Sophia?" I acknowledged her.

"Yup she's my best friend and I know she's your mate. I'm Vanessa anyway." She went straight to the point.

"Damien, nice to meet you I know this is embarrassing but can you help me talk to her please?" I requested a favour.

"I'm helping you just promise me you won't hurt her. Oh so Moon Goddess help me, you'll regret it." She gave a threatening tone.

"I won't and I'm aware she's avoiding me like a plea." I am really dying to know.

"Don't worry. She will get around with you just be patient okay?" Vanessa adviced me and I nodded.

"Thanks. Please tell her I'll be at the field where we first met around lunch break." I instructed her kindly.

I hope Vanessa convinced her and my mate.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Lunch came by and I'm starting to get anxious since I didn't know if she will come or not. I finally calm down when I smelled her scent and marching towards me.

"Sorry I'm late I had to put my books on my lock--" She started but I cut her off with a kiss.

"For you I'll wait forever I missed you baby." I pulled away.

"I missed you too." She admitted blushing. The cutest one for me!

"I love it when I'm the reason for your blush." I cupped and kissed her cheeks.

"I need to tell you something about my pack Damien... I'm from---" She was interrupted again.

"SOPHIA LET HIM GO!" Garret yelled at my mate and immediately I'm in defence mode.

"SHE'S MINE!" I growled at him.

"NO! I SAW HER FIRST SHE IS MINE YOU IDIOT!! TELL HIM THAT SOPHIA!" He dictates her.

I hate how he raised his voice to my mate so I lost any patience I have.

"HOW DARE YOU!!" I lunged at his neck.

"DAMIEN! STOP! DON'T KILL HIM HE IS VANESSA'S HALF-BROTHER!" Sophia stopped me.

"STAY.THE.HELL.AWAY.FROM.MY.MATE!" I used my Alpha tone but he didn't flinch.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME MUTT!" He spat and before I could advance again Sophia gets in between.

"Garret, Damien is my mate and I don't like you that way. I only see you as a friend I'm sorry. Please leave us alone." She talks without a pause.

Sophia pulled me with her and I felt her warmth I'm relaxed. We left the field while Garret was still on the ground. I'm about to speak again when my phone rings. She motioned for me to take it but I didn't let her hand go.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Dad:       Damien, I need you to go home now. (His voice sounded sad and tensed)

Me:          What's wrong Dad? (I anxiously thought about rouges)

Dad:       It's about your Grams. (His tone still breaking up)

Me:         I'm coming home now. (My voice in panicked)

Dad:       Ok. See you in a bit. (He ended the line)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

Soon as I hanged up my mate is standing beside me. I know she heard the conversation but I can't leave her.

"Go Damien, we can talk later." She offered like she reads my mind.

"But---" I object but she placed her finger on my lips.

"We have a lot of time to talk but your Grams is important too. Go baby." She smiled. I heard her endearment first time and I'm a goner.

"Fine but I won't leave you alone here. I'll order my Beta to look after you while I'm away deal?" I gave in and she smiled.

"Okay, now go." She demanded putting a hand in her waist.

I walked her to her next class but not without kissing her one last time.

'Steve, keep Sophia guarded and never leave her out of your sight. Got it?' I used my Alpha tone.

'Yes Alpha.' He acknowledged.

I head to my car and drove home where my parents are already waiting. I knew the moment I got the call something is wrong. All I could do is follow their lead as we drove to the orphanage. My thoughts are blank during the car ride while memories with my Grams flashbacked to me.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine