Chapter 5 - The Intoxicating Scent

SOPHIA POV

We reached the Roundhay School parking lot within ten minutes. It's a School both for werewolves and hybrid meaning half human and half werewolves are the students. Most of them are mated with our kind or their families are part of a pack. Some are from Cardovy Kingdom and our pack too same with Weisler Kingdom. We actually knew the price since he was our classmate.

"Are you done daydreaming Soph?" Vans mocked me as she went out of the car.

"I wasn't I'm just thinking about the school." I replied truthfully.

"If you say so now come on we need to go inside the class. You know we can't be late." She pulled my hand.

Vanessa and I are both on twelfth grade and under Aunt Sylvia's supervision. She's also our professor on homeroom and always checks on our school performance. During school days I can't call her by her name or use our relationship. She wants to keep it professional at school and I couldn't agree more. Soon she's at her desk and begins the attendance. Since I and Vanessa are attached by hip we made our chairs close to one another.

"Morning class! Take your seats please." Mrs. Payne greeted.

She started calling names one by one until it's my turn. "Williams?" Her eyes landed on me.

"I!" I acknowledged myself.

She went back on her attendance sheet and keeps calling names until I caught my best friend checking out the guy by the door. Anthony Irvine is a Pura Lupus and Prince of Weisler Kingdom. He is the school heartthrob and the biggest jerk of all but somehow I think Vans and Anthony fit together. I can tell my bestie is battling with her wolf I might as well talk to her later. Mrs. Payne reprimanded him as he sat behind Vans. I didn't notice the attendance was over when she speaks up again.

"Since the month of August is coming I will be announcing the birthday celebrants. They are Bennett, Irvine and Thompson." She went to the billboard.

It was a tradition inside the class that everyone expected. Since it helps unmated wolves to find their mates Aunt made that as our monthly news.

I saw Vanessa widen her eyes knowing it could be Edison or Anthony. I may not like Anthony but I preferred him than Edison.

"Since the vacation is almost near I would like to inform you that we will be having school fair." Mrs. Payne announced as the class began to cheer.

"Is there any specific theme for each fair?" Vanessa inquired first to our professor excitedly.

"It will be summer with different booths." She pitched in while we keep on cheering.

"Who will be the Fair Committee?" One of our classmates popped in.

It was Edison the son of our Coach Earl Thompson. I think he belongs to Anthony's pack.

"Nice question Thompson. I'm actually assigning you, Irvine and Bennett to be the Fair Committees. It will be your responsibility to supervise fair setup and ensuring the facility is ready for the event." Our professor pointed her finger.

I'm glad I'm off as Committee on the upcoming fair this time. It was my duty last year and it's the most exhausting fair I've ever handed now its Vans turned to do it.

"I also want the three of you to appoint co-ordinators for each stalls and activities." She continued talking specifically to people she mentioned.

"When will be the school fair?" Anthony seems not happy being the Committee.

"It will be in two weeks." Mrs. Payne specified while my wolf suddenly chipped in.

'Maybe will meet our mate on the fair. What you think Sophie?' She gets excited.

'Don't keep your hopes up Ruby.' I opposed her idea since it's been a month after my birthday.

'But don't you want to find our mate?' Are you not thinking of him that maybe he is also looking for us?' She whined again.

I just groaned sometimes she could act like a total child.

'Of course I wanted to! Who wouldn't want to find their mates? It's just that we need to focus on our class right now.' I pointed out.

'I want mate! Mate! Find mate!' Ruby stubbornly rants and I just sighed trying not to lose my patience on my wolf.

'Will you stop it please? Aunt Sylvia will give me detention if she sees me. You and I both know how she is at school.' I begged and Ruby

'Okay as you wish.' Ruby sulked at the corner of my brain.

'Thank you. You're the best wolf in the whole world.' I complimented her.

"Mrs. Payne one more question, what will the coordinators tasked will be just to make it clear." I raised my hand.

"They will need to organize and be responsible to resource items for the stall they want to put up. Of course you can ask help from your friends to help your booths." She instructed while I noted her instructions.

An hour passed and our homeroom subject is done. I went ahead of Vanessa since she's a bit busy talking with Edison about the fair. I decided to go to my locker and picked up my books for the next class. By the hallway I smelled the intoxicating scent. It's like lavender, amber and sandalwood.

'That's our Mate's scent! Find it Sophie.' Ruby called in getting wired.

'What about our next class? You know Dad won't like it if we skipped.' I stated with fact.

'But he is our mate not some rouges or something ordinary. He will understand us and our pack.' She justified.

'Here's the deal we will follow the scent and then we will go back okay?' I gave her an option.

'Deal. Now let's go! I'm dying to know who he is.' Ruby happy mode made me smile too.

'You just have to enhance your senses for him. It's coming from the hallway where Mr. Langston office is.' I analysed the smell and the surroundings.

'Ready to meet him?' I asked my wolf.

'As I'll ever be.' She became excited.

I'm also edgy about meeting my mate but  appalled  of what I saw.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine