Chapter 16 - The Phone Conversations

SOPHIA POV

It's Friday now and the class ended and Damien didn't show up in homeroom. He is not in our Chemistry class or even yesterday he didn't get back in any subjects. I'm starting to get anxious and my wolf is bugging me.

'Call him or text him! Geesh! I miss Crimson.' Ruby whined.

'Even I have his number I won't do it. Remember the call from his father?' I refrained taking her idea.

'Fine but promise me you will tell him everything.' She gave in.

'I promise. Let's head to canteen I'm hungry.' My tummy made an embarrassing sound.

Since yesterday Steve as well has Nicole were with me because of what happened with Garret. I went to the counter and then I saw Steve walking with Nicole and she mindlinked me to sit with them.

"Soph, are you okay? You've been staring at your food for five minutes." Nicole became worried.

"I'm just thinking about Damien. No calls or messages least to say I didn't hear anything from him at all." I have no interest in eating actually so I just played with the fork.

"What happened yesterday at the field? Did you talk to him?" Nicole munched her sandwich.

"I was to tell him but Garret got in the way..." I narrate from the beginning.

"One wrong move and I'll rip his head off." Steve knuckles are turning white.

"Just tell me if could do something I'll gladly do it." Nicole held my hand as I sipped my juice.

"Nics, you don't have to say sorry. I'm just upset for Vanessa that she has a jerk half-brother slash half witch." I realized my statement.

"No wonder Mom wanted me to stay here with you. Does Uncle know about what he did to you the other day?" My cousin tapped the table.

"No. Please don't tell them about this for Vanessa's sake. I don't want to cause any trouble." I pleaded then Steve speaks up.

"What do you mean the other day?" He got more puzzled.

"Mom came in time when Garret..." She narrates everything including the notes while I just stayed silent.

"Alpha needs to know this and no buts young lady. He already harmed you once and I won't allow our future Luna to be treated that way again." Steve points his finger at me.

"Hey Steve, do you know what happened to Damien? I'm getting worried about him." I broke his tension.

"It's not my place to tell but all I can say is he needs all the understanding right now." Steve made me more curious.

'What you think about Steve's comment earlier? I'm dying to know.' Ruby pried in my head again.

'To be honest I don't know all I can think of is Damien and the call he got from his father.' I walked to my next class.

'I understand but please think about it.' She insisted.

'I will for now I need to get to class.' I promised and entered my next class, English.

Good thing the exams are all over and the fair week is near. All we did was finalized the designs and the booth set up. I didn't see Vanessa all throughout the lunch.

"Michael, have you seen Vanessa?" I called him outside the field.

He is leaning on the car while I'm figuring out his expression. It's not like him just let go of Vans that easy.

"She went to town with Anthony to buy the stuffs for the fair. They probably on their way back it's been an hour." He checked his watch.

Something's odd about it but I let it go for now. Maybe he was just worried since Vans is out and he is not around with her.

"Ah okay can you tell her to call me please? We haven't been seeing each other these days because of the upcoming fair." I requested.

Soon the tents are done but the decorations needs a little more of changes. Still Vanessa isn't around and it makes me anxious so I decided to mindlink her but nothing. I even tried her phone but it's out of reached. I gave up maybe she is already tired too.

After decorating for hours I decided to go home and shower. Mom called me for dinner but I wasn't in the mood to eat so I excused myself and run to the woods. When I got back from running my phone suddenly rings while my heart starts beating fast.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:             Hello? (Trying to calm my wolf who's been howling)

Damien:    Hi baby. Thank God, you are home safe! You got me worried I've been calling you. (I checked my miscalls and I got 20)

Me:             I was out to the woods taking my wolf for a run. (I heard him sighed in relief)

Damien:    Oh okay. How's your day? (His voice is so sweet and I'm  already lost)

Me:             A little busy since I'm in one of the fair coordinators and you? Why you didn't attend any of our classes? Are you okay? (I couldn't stop babbling)

Damien:    I got hold up from pack meetings but I'm fine. I just miss you very much. (He sounded a little off)

I just need to be patient with him like Steve advised me. I blushed thank God he can't see it.

Me:             I... uhmm... miss you too. Why did you call me anyway? (I think by now he can hear my heartbeat)

Damien:    I just wanna check on you and say goodnight Pia. (He delivered my name sweetly)

Me:             Thanks for calling Damien and goodnight too. I'll see you on Monday. (I yawned while lying at bed)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

After our conversation I made up my mind to confront him about the notes. I fall asleep with a contented smile and same with Ruby.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine