Chapter 15 - The Last Words

DAMIEN POV

Soon enough all of us are standing at Lanshaw Children's Home. It's an orphanage for abandoned kids with a hospital extension for sick children. It was named after their Wedding venue in memory of my Pops. When our grandfather died from the battle, Grams Dehlia founded the orphanage. She chose to stay there with the children saying that way she can forget all her pain by seeing the kids smiling.

"How is Mom doing Ester?" Dad directed his gaze to Aunt Ester.

"She's getting weak more Daryl." Aunt Ester speaks almost in hush tone.

For us wolves if our mate died and we survived the chances of us living normal isn't good. Because part of you will get weak, you will feel the emptiness and pain. You can live for another 20-30 years but you will end up being human. That's why my Grams sickness can't be healed because she lost it the day Pops died.

"Is there anything we can do? I hate seeing her in pain." Mom's voiced out.

"She won't make it sooner or later." Aunt Ester speaks with sadness.

I studied Grams Dehlia's appearance and realized her skin is pale unlike before. We can hear faint heart beat and it's getting weaker. I hate to say it but I think we need to do the hardest decision ever.

"Grams we love you so much. It's okay if you need to go we understand." I went to her side.

"Daryl." Aunt Ester called Dad's attention.

"Damien is right we need to let her go. Let her be with Tommy at oasis." Mom's point of view.

Even though she's trying to lighten up the mood you can sense the sadness in it.

"I don't want to be selfish and see Mom suffered." Dad gave a big sighed then we heard Grams hoarse voice.

"Daryl... Ester my children... I love you both and thank you... for being my strength... my daughter-in-law Hillary... thank you for loving my son... Damien, my grandson... I'm proud of you... stay strong they need you... if you find your mate... love her with all your heart... never reject her no matter who or what she is." Grams words are soft but with clarity.

"Don't worry Grams I already found her and no plans on rejecting her. I love her I'm just sad you can't be here to meet her." I kissed her forehead.

"I love you Mom. I just have one request please keep us safe and say hi to Dad from us will you?" Aunt Ester kissed her cheek.

"We will miss you Mom. We love you so much." Dad hugged her.

"It's time... for me to be... with your father. Don't cry... Be happy... I love you all." Grams last words.

She had her last deep breath and closed her eyes. None of us moved from our spot as we stare at her now prominent wrinkled pale skin. If you see it from a far she is just lying on her bed peacefully but the sound and straight line from the monitor will says otherwise. I'm grieving but my Grams last word rang in my head. Be strong! They need you!

It took a lot of guts for me to break the silence inside the room but I have to fulfil Grams last words to me.

"Dad, Mom, I'll go and gather the pack members for the announcement." I started.

"Damien, I'll come with you. I need to do calls and help arrange the funeral service." Aunt Ester joined in.

"Are you sure you can handle this Aunt?" I was in doubt.

"I don't want to cry because I know Mom is in a better place with your Pops and she might scold me in my dreams for crying since it will cause stress for my baby." She smiled but wasn't reaching her ears.

"We just need time to accept she's gone but Grams will forever remain in our memories. You are right she is in better place now." I justified our emotions.

"Anyway can you please drop me home? Your Uncle is already expecting me with you." Ester tried to control her tears.

"You know it's okay to cry sometimes it doesn't mean or shows we are weak, just like everyone we also have feelings. I'm sure Grams can understand it but promise me one thing." I continued as her tears freely flowed.

"What is it?" She replied while sobbing.

"Cry today as much as you can but after this you need to be strong. But tomorrow eat well and rest good you need it for you and my cousin." I requested and automatically her hand went on her tummy.

"Thanks for reminding me. In time I could see a great leader in you." Aunt Ester complimented and hugged me.

"Well it's in our blood isn't it? Anyway, let's get going before Uncle Matthew gets all worked up." I joked.

After taking my Aunt home I called Steve to gather everyone. Half an hour passed Steve was standing by the doorway and we proceed directly at the Assembly hall to spread our sudden news. Steve, Aunt Grace, Uncle Simon and the rest of the pack members grieved. They all extended their condolences and sympathy.

I went to my room and got a call from Dad telling me they will arrive in the morning. They decided to do a whole day public viewing for Gram's remain tomorrow and that's it. She will be buried next to Pops on our family mausoleum on the third day.

My wolf was also in silence perhaps he is taking the news hardly. Before I went to bed I cried for the loss and for the great Luna we had until I finally fall asleep with my Grams soothing words.

Be strong!

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine