Chapter 17 - The Beta's Message

DAMIEN POV

I woke up and got ready for Gram's wake since tomorrow she will be buried beside Pops. Only immediate family will wear black while the rest of the pack will be white. Soon as I'm done I went to the library to get my speech when Steve mindlinked me.

'Damien, I have important things to tell you about Sophia. Where are you?' My Beta was in panicked.

'I'm here in the library.' I respond abruptly.

Ten minutes top there's a knocked soon it revealed Steve with a girl, my best guess is his mate. She has brown hair with brown eyes. I noticed Steve have something in his hand and four dried roses. Thanks to my werewolf eyesight, the image is clear its papers but I shrugged it off.

"What is it Steve? What did you find out about Sophia?" I gestured them to sit down.

"First, I want to introduce you my mate, Nicole." Steve guided his mate.

"I'm Nicole Payne, Sophia's cousin." She extended her hand.

"I'm Damien Lewis, your cousin's mate. It's nice to meet you I've heard so much about you from Steve." I offered my hand.

"Pleasure is mine to meet you finally. I hope it's all good things about me." Nicole eyed my cousin who's having a lobster face.

"Enough about me and let's focus." Steve handed me the notes.

It says it was from her mate when exactly it wasn't. My blood ran cold and I was shaken up a bit while reading them.

"Where did you find this?" I crumpled it.

"To the bin near Sophia's locker." Steve specifically reported.

'Maybe that's why she's avoiding us! She thought it's from you because the sender states Mate.' My wolf concluded.

"TELL ME WHO THE HELL DID THIS!!" I roared making Steve and his mate flinched.

"Nicole told me it's been going on for four days also last week Garret tried to hurt her." Steve report got me worked up.

"GET THIS SON OF A BITCH! I WILL PERSONALLY RIP HIS HEAD OFF." I lost my control and growled.

"Damien control your wolf! We need to do this discreetly. If you keep yelling then we will not resolve this." Steve held me down.

"Sophia mentioned about this notes and the roses because it's been bugging her for a while now." Nicole added.

"Do you know who could it be?" I respond deathly calm.

"Nope that's why I wanted Steve's help because someone is stalking Sophia." She confirmed my speculations.

"Steve, we need to focus on finding out this guy. Your Luna could be in danger; I will speak about this to Dad after the funeral." I spoke in serious tone.

"I'm willing to help my cousin. I also know that Vanessa is doing an investigation regarding this." Nicole offered as I thought of my mate's family.

"How about her parents? Does anybody know aside from us?" I inquired and Nicole shook her head as no.

"Sophia didn't want them to know I even tried to convince her. She's more worried for her friend since it's her half-brother. That's why I want you to do it otherwise it will only complicate the situation more." She replied while I'm trying to absorb it.

"Don't worry I will talk to Sophia about it. Nicole I have one question." I interrupted her for a minute.

"Sure. Go ahead." She permitted.

"How are you and Sophia related to Alpha Williams?" I folded my arms since I don't know my mate's last name yet.

"Oh... He is my Uncle. My Mom is Mrs. Payne, as you already know is his sister. Didn't my cousin tell you?" She smiled while I'm left dumbfounded.

"No maybe that's what she was trying to tell before we got rudely interrupted by Garret then my Dad called for family emergency." I felt proud knowing my mate is one hell of a leader.

"Ah okay. You know Alpha Damien I like you for my cousin and I can see your love for her and I know you will take care of her." Nicole tapped my shoulder.

"I love her with all my heart and I'll do anything to protect her. Thank you so much Nicole." I smiled.

"Ok cousin we better head off now and take Nicole back home before Uncle arrives." I nodded and they walked hand in hand.

'Wish we could be like them too. I miss Ruby.' My wolf muttered.

'Soon Crimson for now we need to focus on finding this stalker.' I growled.

'I know but still I can't help but be amazed with our mate.' Crimson replied.

'I felt the same way.' I smiled.

Sophia is very compassionate and full of understanding to everyone. She really is a true leader and my Luna. Our conversation was cut off when my phone rings. It was Dad and they are arriving soon so I head out of the library. I remember Steve was supposed to tell everyone so I mindlinked him.

'Steve, take Nicole to the service it's time they meet her as well.' I brought out the topic.

'Are you sure it's the right time?' He was in shocked mode.

'Yup. We need to give the pack great news aside from bad news right.' I started walking.

'I guess your Alpha duty kicks in. We will be downstairs with the others. Thanks man.' Steve abides and I blocked everyone.

We reached the assembly hall where all the pack members are gathered. The surroundings are decorated with Grams favourite flower, white daffodils. After fifteen minutes the crowd went silent when the undertakers came in with parents. They placed her casket by the middle of the platform. The viewing started and we watched everyone that loves Grams paid respect. I was distracted when I smelled my mate from a far. I exited silently and went to search the scent. 

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine