30. Real Life

LYDIA'S POV

LYDIA'S POV

"What are you thinking about doing in the next few weeks business wise?"

Right now I was sitting in a meeting with all the Hype House members and Thomas was asking each on of us what our plans were to see if they were a good fit.

"I'm going to be post sneak peeks of my new song." Alex said with a big smile causing everyone in the room the cheer.

"I'm releasing my new single in three days." I said with a smile causing everyone to cheer once again.

"Not again."

I turned my head to see Vinnie, Michael, and Patrick all giggling quietly trying not to interrupt Thomas.

I glared at them before looking back at Thomas who was on a big rant.

I'll admit that I'm not close with anyone in the Hype House anymore after I moved out into my own apartment. Hell I'm not even close to Chase anymore and we used to be best friends, but I guess if you confess your love to your best friend and they don't feel the same way things change.

Maybe I should just move back into the house.. I always think back to before I moved out and how I was close with everyone.

Then so much drama happened and on top of that Thomas added new people who actually wanted to live in the house.

So I let one of them have my room and got my own apartment and got closer with Josh again causing me to be good friends with Griffin.

I missed so many Hype House meetings I'm surprised they didn't cut me out of the show on Netflix. I just have a feeling that if I don't start being around more I'll be cut from the house.

"Lydia."

"Lydia."

"Hmm, what?" I looked up after I felt Mia nudge me and saw everyone in the room looking at me like I'm crazy or with concern.

"Sorry..." I laughed embarrassed.

Thomas shook his head slightly. "I said do you want to sing a little of your new song?"

I coughed a little and glanced at everyone to see them all looking at me still making me nervous for some reason. I just feel like they're judging me and not in a good way.

"Yeah. Yeah. My song is called Blue." I said before taking a sip of my water.

"I was always blue behind the
Red blood stain on my lips
You were always green with envy
Saw right through the tenderness."

While I was singing I couldn't help but feel like I was doing terrible when I made eye contact with Vinnie.

Ever since he got in the house I feel like he didn't like me. I just get bad vibes when I'm around him even Michael which is weird since we used to be friends.

"We were like a California sunset
Fated to die any minute
Gettin' rid of you might be the best thing I ever did."

Once I finished my last note I stopped singing and almost everyone in the room cheered and surprise surprise the ones who didn't cheer were Vinnie, Michael, and Patrick.

"I can tell it's going to be amazing Lydia." Thomas smiled at me and thirty minutes later the meeting final ended and I never walked out of a room so fast.

I just couldn't wait to get back home in a judgement free zone.

[ not edited ]