48. Real Life

"AHHH!" Lydia screamed as she pushed her back towards the drivers side door when her passenger door side was open and someone hopped in

At second glance Lydia realized that it was just Josh to which she glared at the boy and shoved him multiple times.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Lydia shouted as she punched Josh three times on his shoulder until he grabbed her fist to stop the next one from making contact in the same spot for the fourth time.

"Are you done?" Josh raised a brow, still holding the girls fist.

Lydia was still glaring at her friend as she wanted to punch him again, but instead she nodded her head.

Josh let go of her fist and she slowly lowered it down.

"Why would you scare me like that?" Lydia questioned with a softer tone.

Josh sighed as he didn't mean to scare her like that, but after their mini confrontation on instagram, Lydia hasn't been talking to him. So the only way he thought he could see her was to jump in her car after she pulled into her parking spot in front of her apartment building. He knew if just knocked on her door she would ignore him, so it was the only way.

"You haven't been answering me, so this was the only way to get you to talk." Josh explained as he turn his body to look at Lydia.

"I'm sorry I've been a dick lately, but everything with Nessa and Jaden has been messing with my head. All of my old feelings are just coming back and I-I don't know how to handle them and the last thing I need is to lose the only person that's been there for me since day one.... I can't lose you Lyds. I-I s-"

"Shhh. Shh." Lydia shushed her friends as she put one hand on his shoulder and the other one rested on his cheek. "You're never going to lose me, Josh. You and I are forever. I've been a bitch too because I know you deserve better than Nessa and it's completely normal to have thought about your ex that you once loved." Lydia explained as she caressed his cheek slowly as she spoke to him.

"I love you Lydia." Josh laid a hand on her exposed thigh and the other on her hip causing chills to erupt through her body.

Her eyes widen once she felt that feeling rush through her body. She didn't expect that one bit and didn't understand why Josh was making her feel this way.

"I love you too Josh." Lydia whispered as her eyes glanced down towards his lips before quickly looking back into his eyes.

Josh gently pulled her towards him by her hip and was about to lean in for a kiss, but Lydia's phone started to ring.

They both looked away from each other and looked on the screen to see the name 'Random 🧃' popped up.

"Who's that?" Josh questioned with a chuckle.

"I don't know." Lydia laughed awkwardly as she pulled out her phone and declined the call.

"You want to go get food?" Lydia asked trying to change the topic, so that Josh wouldn't ask anymore questions.

"Sure.." Josh hesitated slightly, but he didn't really think anything of it.