Chapter 1- The beginning

7 Months Earlier 

 Marinette leaned on her locker, looking at the rest of the new students passing by as her best friend Alya went on and on about her new blog. She couldn't help but giggle at how enthusiastic she was. Alya had dreams of becoming a reporter, and she was truly close to achieving it. At this very second in life, Marinette felt at peace. She knew she had been lucky. Most of her friends happened to get into the same university. She really believed she would be alone for the next four years. She got lost in thought, remembering how happy she had been upon learning that both Nino and Alya had been admitted into the same university.

Marinette remembered hugging her best friend, screaming, and jumping with joy when receiving the news. The two then quickly made plans. They hoped they would share a dorm and have the best nights of their lives. Marinette snapped back into reality when Alya nudged her shoulder and spoke again. "Anyways, did you hear Adrien managed to convince his father to allow him to attend the university? Even though he applied late, he managed to get in as well." Alya was sure this would aggravate her bestie, but at least she would have a heads-up. She only hoped her bestie wouldn't want to drop out after this. She knew Marinette's dream has always been to become a fashion designer, but she would throw it all away if it meant never seeing Adrien again.

"Oh, that's just great," Marinette stated sarcastically. Just the sound of his name made her want to throw up in her mouth. "Apparently, having the last name Agreste allows him to go above the rules that the rest of us had to follow," she added, not trying to hide the disdain in her voice. If only she made sure to make it more obvious. Marinette couldn't stand the idea of Adrien being around for another four years. She hated his guts just as much as hated looking at his face. For a second, she thought she could be free of having to see his disgusting actions, but of course, fate would have other plans. Right now, all Marinette could wonder was why in the hell she had been friends with him, to begin with!

"Come on, girl, give him another chance. Maybe he changed in these past few months. What if he comes back being the same Adrien we met and loved? There is still hope for him," Alya replied, feeling a little hopeful. She didn't want to upset Marinette, so usually, she kept things to herself, especially when they regarded Adrien, but she did miss the four of them hanging out like they used to. But then everything changed. It started their junior year of high school. Alya never really knew the whole story, but that day Adrien came in acting completely different, and Marinette looked heartbroken. Alya attempted to understand what had happened, but even her detective skills came up short with this one.

Everyone knew of Marinette's crazy crush on Adrien, but honestly, everyone also believed he felt the same. No one can fake the sparkle you get when you see the person you love. They had it. They had that sparkle, the blush, and even the big smiles. During the middle of Freshman year, they became close due to a school project, and they had been inseparable since then. Even though they weren't a real couple, everyone often looked up to them wishing they could have that type of relationship. Marinette and Adrien were "couple goals" as they called it.

Imagine the shock we all felt when we saw Adrien walk in and start making out with a girl named Kagami. Then seeing Marinette clearly holding back tears and beginning to avoid him. I can still remember the look of heartbreak in her eyes when she walked in that day. What was worse is that this girl was a mutual friend of theirs. Neither one of them cared about the pain they would inflict upon Mari. Things haven't been the same since.

Marinette scoffed, "Ha, good one Alya," she said, adding more sarcasm to her voice. "Mr. Model and biggest player of Françoise Dupont High school change? I'd pay to see that one." Marinette rolled her eyes at her best friend. Alya truly believed Adrien could change, and it was truly saddening. Marinette believed his heart was rotten, and that's if he even had a heart. She honestly doubted it.

"Well, I believe he had or will. So, take a breath, open your eyes, and pull out your wallet, because he is here and walking this way," Alya stated in a sing-song voice, but secretly nervous of what would happen when the two encountered. She was not sure if he had changed, but she wanted to believe he would. Last night Alya learned that Adrien had a plan to get her best friend's attention. She just hoped it was a good thing.

"Hello, Princess," Adrien said, attempting to sound seductive. Adrien had walked over so close that she could feel the warmth of his breath touch her face. Marinette rolled her eyes and took a deep breath before replying, "get lost." Adrien smirked, showing he was not affected by her reply. "Come on, Mari, don't be like that. I just wanted to say good morning to my gorgeous princess," Adrien replied smugly, adding a wink at the end.

If anyone else saw the encounter they would swear Adrien meant every word. The way he looked at her and tried to get close to her was almost too real. It was as if he really liked the bluenette. Though, Marinette knew better. She can't even count the times Adrien told different girls he didn't do the dating thing, even after making out with them. Or how about how he would turn around and make out with a random girl only seconds after telling attempting to flirt with her? Marinette could vividly remember Adrien's words. "You know you are the only girl for me, princess," he would say before turning around and going to another girl.

He was seriously a heartless prick. Marinette couldn't understand how even after knowing this, almost every girl would still line up with the hope that they were the next ones on the Agreste agenda.

Also, if he cared for her at all, then why break her heart the way he did that night?

It was all fake, and she knew it. Adrien had made his intentions clear when it came to her. He just wanted to get into her pants since no one else could. That was funny, considering what happened that night. Both funny and painful.

Marinette gritted her teeth together and shut her fist tightly, fighting the urge to punch the smirk on his smug face. Marinette had never hated someone as much as she hated this stupid model. She often found herself asking God why he placed him in her path.

Every word he says to her adds to that hate making it grow uncontrollably. It was as if he intentionally looked for her only to make her feel like shit. As if he couldn't live unless he made her miserable. After what he had done to her, he still had the audacity to try and talk to her. What did he not have any memory of that night?

He sure as hell pretended he didn't remember the following day. In fact, he was too busy making out with Kagami to even think about it. Kagami had been one of Marinette's friends back then, she knew what Marinette felt for Adrien, but she betrayed her, and let's not even get started on Adrien. After what happened the night before, he chose to go after one of the girls he knew was Marinette's friend. His words had meant nothing. I believe that is enough for everyone to see the type of guy he became.

 I believe that is enough for everyone to see the type of guy he became