Chapter 14- The past

*** Here is an update for all my loyal readers. Enjoy the love. Some Adrienette for you. Like, comment, and follow. You are the reason I keep writing. Sending love, MMF.***

"It was you, Adrien. I know that you can't remember, and I also know I should get over it, but I just can't. Every time I try to get close, and every time I think I am past this, things happen that bring me right back to where I was before. Every time I am close to trusting you, people tell me I shouldn't, and I don't know what to believe anymore," Marinette cried. 

 Adrien's eyes widened, his eyebrows raised, and his jaw dropped down as he staggered upon hearing Marinette's confession. "Me? Marinette, what did I do? What happened in Junior year? And what do you mean people tell you not to trust me? Who is saying this? I don't understand," Adrien asked, deeply confused at her words.

Marinette wanted to end the conversation. She felt it was useless to continue with something he didn't remember anyway. "Nothing, Adrien, just forget it, okay?" Marinette replied, hoping he would get the hint and drop the subject, but Adrien refused. All Adrien has wished for this past week was to be able to call himself her boyfriend, but that wouldn't happen unless they talked about the past once and for all.

 "Forget about it? I can't forget about it, Marinette. I want to be with you. I am standing in front of you, admitting to you that I want to be with you, I want to be able to call you mine, to kiss you, and hold you, but you won't let me. I don't understand why you are letting people get in between us. I care for you, I always have, and I know you care for me too. Please, stop pushing me away. Let me be with you, let me stand by you, and hold you, let me show you just what you mean to me, please, I beg of you," Adrien begged, caressing her cheek, and wiping a tear from her eye.

"I- I can't," Marinette whispered, turning around and hiding her face.

"Why, Why not?" Adrien cried out in frustration.

"Because I heard it all before!" Marinette yelled out. "YOU told me all this before," she whispered, letting another tear fall.

-Flashback-

It was the beginning of the back-to-school party. Adrien watched as Marinette and Nathaniel laughed and danced the night away. No matter how hard he tried not to be bothered by the situation, he was. His blood boiled when seeing Nathaniel continue to touch his princess. He had always hated the thought of Marinette talking to any other boy, and now, seeing with his own eyes was outraging, and may he say painful?

Nathaniel Kurtzberg was the only boy who didn't care about Adrien's threats. And the one dancing with his princess right now.

Attempting to numb the pain, Adrien began drinking. Beer after beer, Adrien drank until his vision began to blur. Everyone said drinking helped them when they needed to stop feeling, but why is it that he still felt everything? His eyes remained on the dance floor, where Marinette, and Nathaniel were still all over each other.

Adrien squeezed the beer can tighter as a slow song began to play. He couldn't handle it anymore. He had to stop this, to stop her.

Pushing himself up from the couch, he staggered towards the two teens dancing in the middle of the dance floor. Not hesitating for even a second, Adrien proceeded to grab Marinette by the arm, pulling her away from the dance floor and Nathaniel, who stood shocked by the model's actions.

"Ouch, Adrien, what the heck? Let go of me!" Marinette called out, trying to jerk her arm from his grasp, but struggling as Adrien held on to her tighter. People watching then as she yelled at him.