Chapter 18- Kagami part 2

*** Hello, my loyal readers. I am sorry about the wait, but here is another chapter for you. Comment, vote, and follow for more. Thank you for the support. Sending love, MMF***

"Princess, can we talk? Please," Adrien begged as he noticed she wasn't going to budge to Kagami's request. For the first time, become closer to Marinette, Adrien was scared. The thought of losing Marinette send shivers down his spine. Now, more than ever, he knew he was utterly in love with her. But the anger inside Marinette was through the roof, and she wasn't having any of it.

"We got class," Marinette responded before walking away. Adrien felt cold. He couldn't lose her, not now, not ever. "Marinette!" He called out to her, but she was already with a waiting Luka.

"Marinette, what happened?" Luka asked worriedly. He didn't want to be more involved than he already was, so he had waited for her in his car. "They said it's not what it looks like. Can you believe that bullshit? Then they had they the audacity to ask to talk," Marinette let out in anger.

Luka shifted in his seat. Being who he was, he knew a lot about it not being what it looks like. Luka had been through it many times himself. As much as he hated Adrien, he knew that he deserved a chance to be heard. Plus, it was clear how much the entire situation was hurting Marinette.

"Marinette, I know this is hard for you, considering what you saw, but don't you think he deserves a chance to explain. Maybe things are really not what they look like."

"I don't understand Luka, you act as if you want us together," Marinette spat out, knowing just how much it actually hurt him to see them together. 

"You know how I feel about you, Marinette, but I also know how you feel about him. I want what's best for you even if it's not me," Luka said sadly. "Look, talk to him, listen to him, give him another chance to explain, and if after you still don't believe him, then do what you need to do," He added, feeling broken.

Marinette nodded, understanding him. She hated hurting him, but he was right. She loved Adrien, and she always will. "Thank you, Luka, you are too good to me. I'll see you later in school?" Luka nodded, "Yeah, remember if you want to talk, I'm here for you."

______________________________________________________

Marinette tapped her fingers on the table, waiting for someone to speak. Kagami couldn't help but look at Marinette with love. Her heart still skipped a beat at the sight of the bluenette. She wished Marinette would have learned to love her as she wished. But that would never happen, and she had to understand that. 

Adrien's leg jumped up and down as his nerves kicked in. He wasn't sure what made her change her mind and talk to them, but he couldn't screw up now. His heart sped up, his hands shook, and he was at a loss for words. He had lied. After he promised never to lie, he did, and then he was caught with Kagami. He was sure Marinette would end their relationship right now, and that scared him. 

"So, are you going to speak, or can I leave now?" Marinette asked, starting to feel aggravated. Both Adrien and Kagami gulped. Neither one knew how to start. Marinette waited for an answer, but upon no response, she stood up. "Okay then," Marinette stated before grabbing her things. Just as she was about to walk out, Adrien held on to her wrist. 

"Marinette, please. I know I messed up. I know I lied, but I was afraid you would be mad if you knew the truth. I had something to clear up with Kagami, but I swear to you, it was just that. You know I wouldn't risk what we have," Adrien blurted, fearing that if he didn't explain everything right now, Marinette would leave him. She had made it clear to him, this was his last chance, and he was already jeopardizing it with the stupid bet. He couldn't lose her now.