Chapter 50- Expecting

***Only three Chapters left, my lovelies. Enjoy***

"Are you going with him, Princess?" Adrien inquired again when she remained silent. His voice was lacing with melancholy and anguish. Adrien was adamant about not doing it. On a day like today, he felt it wasn't proper to ask her to make a decision. He wasn't Luka. Adrien didn't want to ruin her birthday but couldn't help himself.

Adrien wanted to know. He had to find out. Shouldn't he be informed if his princess decided to leave him in a few months? If he didn't have a chance, he couldn't keep pretending he did. He didn't want to be hurt any longer.

Marinette had become ice-cold. She did not know how to respond. She couldn't answer because she didn't know what she wanted to do yet. 

Marinette shifted her gaze to Adrien, but his gaze was back to the statue of his mother. Marinette knew that Adrien had overheard her talk the second Alya described him leaving unhappy. Though she prayed there was a chance it wasn't true, she was wrong, and he had, and now he wanted an answer. An answer she couldn't give him right now. Marinette needed to communicate this to him, but how and why was it so difficult for her?

Adrien couldn't look at her. He felt as if he did he would break. They say no one knows real love until the moment they are losing it. Knowing that there was a chance that Marinette would leave him for good made it clear to him that he was still in love. "The moment that losing someone makes you feel like there is no point in living, is the moment you truly know what it is to love." His mother told him that once. Adrien never knew how right that could be until now. 

Marinette was adamant about avoiding leaving, but she thought it might be the best thing to do for them both

Marinette was adamant about avoiding leaving, but she thought it might be the best thing to do for them both. She didn't want to ruin his life. He was young, with a future. A future that could fall apart when the baby was born.  At least, it was her initial impression until she heard his voice. 

"Adrien, I-" she hesitated. Marinette felt as if her future had all come down to this moment. She could either go to New York. Leaving everything behind, including the father of her child, her Chat Noir, to be with Luka, the man that claimed to love her, or she could stay, confess her pregnancy, and hope he forgave her. She could finally have the future she had dreamt of since being fourteen. She had a choice to make a difficult one. She needed time.

Or did she?

Marinette knew what she wanted. Both her brain and heart were screaming for her attention. There was only one answer, and she knew it, but then, why was she so afraid? Why did she continue to second guess herself?

"Please, Marinette. I need to know. A-are you leaving me?" Adrien asked sadly, his gaze now turning towards the ground, attempting to hide the tear that had rolled down his cheek.

There it was, the word me. Marinette's heart shattered as she heard his question. For Adrien, this was more than just her leaving. It was about her turning her back on HIM.