Chapter 4- The Deal

The class went by with no more interruptions. Being his first day, Mr. Couffaine spent most of the day going through the curriculum and the remainder doing icebreakers so the students got to know each other. Of course, taking a little extra notice of the young, gorgeous, and talented bluenette named Marinette Dupain-Cheng. 

He would make sure to ask her questions and give her sweet smiles. His eyes had hardly left hers all period. 

Adrien quickly noticed the teacher's obsession with his ex-best friend and did not like it one bit. It was an indescribable feeling, worse than any other time guys attempted to flirt with her. Not that the others got very far. If the bluenette didn't turn them down, he would be quick to teach them a lesson. Needless to say, that is why she had been single for so long. But this was different. Luka was not only older, but he was a fashion prodigy. He had more talent in one bone than most designers did in their whole bodies. Adrien knew he would not be easily scared off. And the thought made his insides churn and his chest burns painfully. 

'That's my princess!' 

Marinette could feel Adrien's eyes on her during the entire class. She tried hard not to pay him much attention, but it was extremely difficult, as she couldn't resist turning to look at him a few times.  She noticed that each time she turned, Adrien would quickly shift his sight toward someone else. Most of the time, it was towards a redhead in class as they almost drool for each other. This only angered her even more, adding to her hate for him. He truly had no shame. 

"Focus Marinette, don't allow him to ruin your year," Marinette thought, turning to focus on the teacher once again. Marinette knew she didn't need any more distractions. She had her schedule full of commissions, and now school. She surely didn't need the drama that normally followed Adrien Agreste. 

Not did she want it. 

The bell finally rang, signaling the end of class. Marinette waited for everyone to head out of class. Okay, mainly for Agreste to leave. She didn't want to cross paths with that player again. Marinette knew that if Adrien got anywhere close to her, he would flirt with her as If their past had never happened.

 "Mrs. Dupain-Cheng, could I see you for a few minutes?" Mr. Couffaine asked, earning attention from some of the other students. 

Marinette gulped and nodded nervously. She already knew that comment in class would get her into trouble, so she really expected this, but that did not stop her from being nervous. "Yes, Mr.Couffaine?"  She asked, walking closer to him as he stood in front of his desk. "Luka, call me Luka," he stated, earning a shy nod from the bluenette. Marinette blushed as she looked into his gorgeous teal-blue eyes. She had to admit the professor was quite a view. Young and fit, and boy was he talented. If it wasn't for the blonde's muscles, he could surely give Adrien a run for his money. 

"Mr

"Mr. Cou- Luka, if this is about my comment in class today. I-" Marinette's nervous rambling was cut short as Luka reached for her hand, and held it reassuringly. "Don't worry, I can assure you, I completely understand." Before he continued, Luka looked around the classroom, making sure everyone was gone. Unfortunately, he missed the sight of the blonde that was obviously hiding on the other side of the door eavesdropping.