Chapter 17- Kagami is back

***Another long chapter for my loyal readers. Thank those of you who are still here reading all my updates. Vote, comment, and follow. Sending love, MMF***

"Your father?" Marinette asked once again, looking at him in search of his reaction. Adrien played with his fingers as he nervously shifted his weight from one foot to the other. "Y-yeah, you know how it is, modeling stuff."

Marinette could not believe Adrien was lying to her. He had been a player and a shitty friend in the past but never a liar.

 Marinette pinched herself on the arm with her thumb and pointer finger, hoping the pain might distract her from crying. She was starting to get a clear picture of why Alya told her not to trust him yet. Now, she couldn't help but wonder if Chloe's words had been truthful as well.

"Right," Marinette replied, turning around to hide her face. The fact that Adrien had lied to hurt began to fill her with doubt. The first one being, were they even official? 

He never really asked the question, so did that mean he was still seeing other people? Noticing her reaction, Adrien felt guilty. He didn't want to lie to her. But if he had told her the truth, things could have gone bad quickly.

"Princess I-"

"No, It's okay. It doesn't matter anyway," Marinette interrupted. She didn't want to show him she was upset, but the fact that he lied got to her. "There is Alya. I guess I'll see you later at the dorm," Marinette added before hastily walking away.

Adrien knew he had messed up. He saw it in her eyes. Not to mention, she just left him there, without so much as a goodbye kiss. Hell of a way to start a relationship, but he had to lie. If he had told her he would see Kagami, Marinette would have probably dumped him in a second. But he needed answers from her. After all, it was she who set him up for failure.

_________________________________________________

Adrien sat on the booth, tapping his fingers against the table as he waited for Kagami to arrive. The truth is he was livid. Kagami not only knew how he felt for Marinette but also of Marinette's feelings towards him. Yet the fencer kept quiet. The kiss that day was her idea. She had set him up, but the question is why?

"Hey, sorry I'm late. Fencing practice ran longer than expected," Kagami answered as she sat across him in the booth. Usually, Adrien would receive it with a hug. After all, they had been friends for years, or so he thought. It also didn't help that their last conversation, days prior, ended in an argument.

The two sat in silence for a minute or two before Kagami decided to break silence. "Over the phone, you said this was important, and we both have very little time, so are you going to speak or not?" Adrien was not the only one angry. Kagami was livid.

Adrien gritted his teeth in anger but then took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves. He then decided to get right to the point.

"Kagami, why did you set me up?" Adrien asked, not even trying to hide his anger. Adrien glared at Kagami as he waited for an answer. 

Kagami's mouth dropped. "Excuse me?" She asked, placing a hand over her chest, pretending to be offended.

"Don't even try it, Kagami. I know the truth. That day, you were the one that came up with the idea of the kiss. I trusted you, but I come to find out that you knew she had feelings for me all along. Why? Why did you set me up, Kagami? Why did you do that to me?" Adrien slammed his hand on the table towards the end, startling Kagami and making her jump. Luckily they had been at the dinner alone.

"I set you up? You called me for help. It was you who came crying to me about your father threatening her and her family if you refused to stay away from her. I did what I had to do to keep her safe," Kagami argued back.