Chapter 7- Memories and Problems

Marinette did not show up to class that afternoon. Adrien hated to admit it, but he was worried sick about her. He looked towards the door many times throughout the class, hoping she would show up late like all those times in high school, but time passed, and she never showed. "Where could Mariette be? I hope she is okay," was all his brain could process throughout the class. 

Why was he even worried? She was only acting like the victim. He was the one who had been torn apart and left broken. He had tried fixing their relationship only months after it had been broken. It was she who threw him out of her house. 

-Flashback-

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng," Adrien stated nervously after walking through the bakery doors. "Adrien, my boy it has been so long. It is so great to see you again," Tom stated, pulling the young boy into a bone-crushing hug. He knew her daughter hated the boy, but never fully understood why. All he knew was, one night she was at a party with him, did not come home till about 4 am, and the next day came home from school absolutely torn to shreds. He has not seen her smile much ever since. He just hoped the blonde was here to fix his mistakes. 

"It's great to see you too, Mr.Dupain-Cheng. Umm, I am here hoping I could t-talk to your d-daughter, please," he stuttered, as his nerves got the best of him. He knew she was home. He had seen her come in minutes before but had to wait to get his emotions in check before coming in himself.

"Sure, my boy, you go on up. Marinette is in her room," Tom responded happily.  Truth be told both, he and his wife always hoped the two would end up together. It was so obvious they were made for each other. Adrien nodded before walking up to the apartment, and towards her room.

He truly hoped he would forgive him. 

 His hands trembled as he made a fist and knocked on the door. "Alya, just come in already," Marinette called out while giggling. She truly believed it was her bestie at the door. Adrien gulped at the sound of her voice. Just her voice had the power to turn him into jello. He hoped this visit would go right.

Adrien knew he had messed up badly, especially with Kagami. The two girls were friends so it was obvious one would get mad if he hurt the other, but he had a reason, and it was not even what it looked like.  He and Kagami were never together. Well, they were, but not like she thought. 

Adrien walked in before speaking up, "H-hey," His voice shook. "Umm, i-it's not Alya. It's Adrien." 

You could tell by the tone of his voice that he wanted to run away. There was fear evidently in his eyes because he has scared. Scared that she wouldn't forgive him, scared that he would lose her forever. He never imagined just how right he was. 

Just earlier, Adrien heard that a lot of things happened during the last party they went to together, most of them involving him and her. He prayed to God that it wasn't all bad. He honestly had no memory of that night. It was said, that it was the reason for her to immediately hate him. He only hoped she would forgive him. 

He watched as Marinette froze in her spot, not moving an inch. Her body was stiff and almost shaking. 

But that was not the only thing he noticed.

 His sight went to her walls. Every picture of him had been removed. Just a few months ago, her walls were filled with pictures of the two of them. Every game tournament, every adventure, everything had been caught on film and placed on her walls, but now, it was all gone. 

His heart immediately broke.

Adrien was hurt, his eyes filled with tears, as he fought to hold them back. His eyes shifted back to a still-frozen Marinette. Upon noticing she wouldn't so much as turn around, Adrien began to speak. "Princess, I-" The second his voice was heard again, Marinette felt her insides boil. Turning around to face him, she yelled, "don't," immediately interrupting him. "Don't you dare call me that after what you have done," she added angrily.