Chapter 54- The Finale

***Hello, my loyal readers. I regret to inform you have reached the final chapter of the story. I hope you like it. Please, share your thoughts. if you would like more books, feel free to let me know. Sending love, MMF***

Adrien's heart pounded, and his hands became sweaty as they reached Tom and Sabine's Boulangerie Patisserie. He was sure he would not make it out of here alive. While Sabine was very understanding, Tom was an overprotective giant who would do anything for his daughter. His only daughter. The same woman he had gotten pregnant before marriage. May God help him.

"Chaton, relax. Everything will be fine, "Marinette reached for his hand, whispering.

"How can you say that? Mari, Tom is going to murder me. He's going to despise me. What if Tom refuses to let us date any longer? What if he loathes our kid? What happens if he-"

"Adrien! Stop. Breath." Marinette interjected as she noticed Adrien's frightened state. "First and foremost, my parents will not hate you; they have always adored you. Are you curious as to why? Because I love you, and nothing will ever be able to change that. Come on, kitty. Let's do this."

___________________________________________

Tom and Sabine both sat in silence. Tom was having a hard time processing the news he had gotten. Damn, Sabine was something else. God, he loved that woman. The giant remembered not knowing how to feel. Should he be angry, happy, disappointed, or what? But Tom was most definitely confused. Nothing made sense, especially not the time frame.

Sabine, on the other hand, was not so confused. She knew her daughter well. It did not surprise her that Marinette was carrying Adrien's child. Her daughter dreamt of having that boy's child since she was fourteen. Sabine knew about the party in high school. Marinette had confessed to losing her virginity to Adrien sometime after. Not that Sabine ever told her husband.

As for Luka? Well, Sabine tried to warn him. She told him he was not the man for her daughter, but the young man didn't listen. Marinette had always loved Adrien, and nothing would be able to change that.

"Please, don't be mad. It was not Marinette's fault. I was the one that-"

"That's not true," Marinette interrupted.

"Quiet!" Tom growled. He was still trying to put his thoughts together. In the beginning, he did not know how He felt but soon found out he was angry and disappointed. BUT- that was months ago.

Adrien gulped. He was so scared of what could happen. The last thing the blonde wanted was for the Dupain Chengs to separate him from the love of his life and child.

Adrien was not dumb. He knew Tom would be disappointed in him. The model remembers all the times Tom spoke about Adrien getting the bluenette to forgive him and later proposing to her and having a family in the future. "THE FUTURE," but now he had made it "THE PRESENT." Of course, Tom would be mad. Adrien had failed him.

Adrien furrowed his brows in confusion as he witnessed Tom turn to look at Sabine, and the two shared a smile. Was he angry or not?

"We know," Sabine finally called out with a smile.

Marinette's mouth dropped. Did they know? How?

"What? When? How?" Marinette stuttered.

"Your mother knew since the night of the inauguration. She had always had great intuition," Tom replied.

"You are my daughter. I know you better than anyone else. You didn't think I wouldn't find out, did you? You were more emotional, you avoided your boyfriend's touch, asked about Adrien a lot, ate a ton of snacks at the party, used the bathroom like six times, and when Adrien showed up, your hand unconsciously went towards your stomach. It only took me a second to put it all together. Your then father noticed I was hiding something, and I told him. He said we should ask you, but we then decided to wait. We just wanted you to tell us when you're ready."