Part 12

Jimin’s POV

"Can you tell me now?" finished eating the food and taking the medicine, I was back into lying on the freshly changed bed set, and Jungkook just finished his bath.

He took a seat on his gaming chair that he had pulled to the bedside after he finished drying his hair, and I retreated deeper into the comforter when his scent hit my nose.

Ah, he's even more attractive up close.

"Do you know how attractive you are?" Jungkook suddenly popped up the question, and I blinked a few times, puzzled at the question.

"What?"

"I'm interested in you," he added, not answering my question, making me even more puzzled than before.

"Huh?"

"What I'm saying is that you are a very attractive omega and I've always been interested in you since the beginning," he combined his two sentences in one, and I frowned at his out of nowhere comment.

"Then why did you bully me?" pulling the comforter closer to my body, I held in my breath when Jungkook stared deep into my eyes before he blinked and diverted to look at his intertwined fingers.

"I didn't want you to suffer like Yoongi hyung," he commented slow, his face showed sadness as he mentioned the omega's name.

"Yoongi hyung?"

"I'm the greatest alpha in this area, and you know it, right?" he smiled as he looked up to glance back at me, but I saw a glint of pain in his eyes.

"And?"

"Yoongi hyung suffered a lot because of me. When we were younger, a lot of people were jealous with what I have, but since they couldn't defeat me fair and square, they dumped all their anger and jealousy on Yoongi hyung behind my back. Because he's an omega," he almost whispered the last sentence, but I could feel the spite in his voice.

"But Yoongi hyung's family is as influential as yours," voicing out my thought, Jungkook scoffed soft at it as his eyes squinted in anger a little.

Did I say the wrong thing?

"In elite school, the students are all sons and daughters of influential families. I'm not the only rich guy in the town, Jimin. Even more so in the past," he told, and I couldn't believe that someone like Yoongi could even be a bully victim.

"What did they do?"

"A lot. Just because he's friends with me, and the only unmated omega in our circle, he was seen as an easy target,"

"He was threatened a lot, being trampled a lot, and what angers me most was that I knew nothing about it until the worst happened,"

"The worst?"

"Yoongi hyung almost lost his hearing once because they ganged up on beating him when me and the rest of my friends weren't at school due to school camp," the alpha clenched his eyes shut as he gritted his teeth, probably at the reminiscent of the day, and I decided to sit up and softly placed my hand on his forearm, hoping that my action would calm him down a bit.

"What did his parents do?" feeling my chest tight thinking about what could happen to Yoongi if he did lost his hearing, I wondered how awful Jungkook would feel since he was the reason for the accident to happen to the omega.

"They tried to talk it out, of course. But what can our parents do when the whole school board were secretly wishing for our doom as well? His parents took abrupt action in transferring him to another school," Jungkook placed his hands on mine before engulfing it with his big palms, and I let him be since he did seemed to calm down a bit as he focused on our touching hands.

"Since then, it was hard for me to show affection to people I care about. In my case here, you. I had to show the average people at school that you belong to me, but I can't get so close to you in fear that you'll be a target to the higher up guys when I wasn't around," he told last, and I kind of understand his reasoning behind all the bully, but still couldn't help feeling hurt.

"That's why you bully me?" muttering out the question, Jungkook looked up and met my eyes for a few seconds before he gave me a pained smile.

"The Jeon got a lot more enemies. Not only mine, but my parent's as well, Jimin" he informed more, and I was willing to listen to his explanation before judging the alpha even more.

"Even now? But Jeon is the most successful family today," spouting the fact, Jungkook only held my hands tighter but with no intention to hurt.

"The bigger we got, the more our enemies are. Our university's vice principal is a good example of Jeon's enemy," he informed wearing a smile that was a lot more carefree than it should be when telling this kind of info, making my eyes widened respectively.

"You mean -"

"Yeah. Why do you think I got a lot of demerits and even had to repeat some of the classes just for being late, while some of us could easily pass even when they skipped the whole semester?" Jungkook questioned, and it made me realized a lot of things.

Jungkook may be a bully to me, but he never did disobey any other of the university's rules.

He was always present in classes, and submitted his assignments on time.

Not to mention he even excelled in the subject we were both paired in right now.

Since he was always at school, that's why I was always in his radar. The only time I wasn't bullied was when I was at our hostel, since the boy didn't stay there.

Oh wow.

It's sure tough to be a Jeon.