Chapter 3

Tessa
Yesterday me and Hardin went to the doctors to find out the gender of the baby he wrote it in a envelope and we gave it to Nora.

The baby is doing really well the doctor said she is growing at the good pace and there is nothing we should really be worried about.

"Tessa are you almost ready"Hardin calls for me "I'm almost done"I shout back out I'm just wearing a simply white dress and my hair lightly curled "ok I'm ready"I walk out to Hardin "stunning"he smiles wrapping his arms around me "what do you think Nora has planned"I ask him "I'm not sure she said not to worry she knows what we like but Nora is dramatic"he says which is true "I just hope it's nothing to over the top"I tell him I really just want something simply "I'm really excited"I add and his eyes soften "me to Tess"

We make our way down to the car I usually hate surprises because I am a nosy person according to Hardin and I like to know everything

We make our way to a small restaurant downtown overlooking the East River the sun is just setting it's just beautiful,as we get inside we are brought upstairs onto the rooftop a table is set up with candle and lights but no one else "Is this what Nora planned"I ask Hardin "I thought it would be more I wonder why no one is here"he says and his phone beeps "it's Nora she says enjoy I know this is what yous would rather"he reads out at his phone and I smile at my best friend knowing exactly what me and Hardin like.We both take our seats and the waiter takes our order.

The waiter brings out our first course and it smells delicious I was starving "Hardin are you ok I can feel your leg shake under the table"

"Yeah I'm just nervous I don't know why"he says and I take his hand "don't be soon we will know the gender Ugh why can't the baby just be here now"I mon and he laughs "your so impatient"he says and I throw a price of bread at him.After we are done eating the waiter comes out to us"Sir madam your dessert"he places a cake in front of us perfectly iced in white me and Hardin both look at and he looks at me and I pick up the knife "I don't know why I'm so nervous"I say laughing and pick up the knife again and cutting into the cake "it's a....purple"I say looking at the slice of cake confused looking to Hardin "umm I guess it's a mistake" he says taking out his phone "I'll call Nora"he says "Did yous guys find out"Nora sequels through the phone "did we find out the cake is fucking purple"he says through the phone annoyed and I take it from him "Nora I think there must have been a mix up because the inside is purple"I turn the camera at the cake "oh guys I feel so bad it's was ment to go perfect"

"Nora don't worry about it"

"Come over to mine and I'll tell yous what it is"

"Be there soon bye"I hang up the phone "Hardin you didn't have to be rude "but Tess it's ruined"

"It's not ruined we are still going to find out"I reassure him.We get to the car to drive over to Landon and Nora.

"Guys I'm really sorry again the colours mixed when I cut the cake"Nora says the moment we get in "Nora really don't worry about it"I tell her and we all take a seat at the table "well least the cake taste good"Landon says taking a bite we hear crying comping from the other room and Landon gets up to get Addy.

The moment they come in she goes straight to Hardin "ahhh"she crawls all over him and I can tell he doesn't really know what to do he still get nervous around children "Addy hi"

"Hi"she waves back to me "Addy you know you like me better"Hardin turns her around "she obviously likes her auntie better"

"I don't think so"he smirks "well I guess yous want to just know the gender"Nora says "ugh what's that smell"Hardin says in disgust "Addy must of went toilet"Nora says taking her and Hardin gags "you better get used to it"Landon laughs "that's sick I can still smell it  how much do they go"

"more than 5 times a day"Landon says and Hardin's face drops "how exciting"he sarcastically remarks and Nora comes back in "someone is all clean and now she has something to tell yous she is going to tell yous the gender"Nora says and I take Hardin's hand ,she whispers into Addys ear "girl"she calls out "where having a girl Hardin a girl"I say "a girl I knew I was right"he hugs me "our girls are going to be best friends"Nora hugs us both "a girl"I say again and a tear falls from my eyes and I feel Hardin wrap his arms around me I still can't be lie if I'm a actually going to have a little girl "oh Tessa it's amazing all girl clothes are so cute your going to love it"Nora tells me "I also have a load of Addys old clothes you can have them this is so exciting"

"I think somebody is ready for bed"Landon says at a have asleep Addy "well I guess we will get going thank you again"I hug them both and we leave.

We get back to the apartment and I still can't believe it I'm so excited "come here"Hardin says for me to sit beside him "I'm nervous"he blurts out "why what's wrong"

"It's just I'm really excited to have a little girl because I hope she is like you but I don't know how to raise a girl with a boy I would have some idea of what to do because well I'm a boy"

"Hardin you don't need to worry we will figure this out together we are both new at this"

"But girls go through so much what about when she has her period and going through puberty "

"Well I guess I'll talk to her but you can talk to her to and that's a long time away you don't need to worry about that for years"I tell him "are you sure"

"I'm sure"I say and start to tear up again "what's wrong love "I'm just a bit emotional"I dab under my eyes "I just after the miscarriage I really didn't think this would happen and sometimes I don't want to get to excited incase something does happen"

"But we should be excited Tessa we shouldn't be in fear that something will happen you deserve this your are going to be the best mum to our little miracle"he places his hand on my stomach and it brings me so much comfort