Chapter 30

Tessa

Just when I'm about to fall asleep I hear shouting coming from Emery "what is happening"I say when I get to the living room "your having a stupid baby"she shouts and my eyes go wide "how did she know"I look to Hardin "I found these"she holds up the scan photos "Emery we where going to tell you" "well I don't care I'm dying anyway"

"Your not dying"Hardin says and she gasps
"Ughhhh"she screams storming away "Em-"

"Ughhhh" we hear again and the bedroom door slam and we both groan "how is she going to get over this I pick up the scan photos of the ground "we need to talk to her"I say and he nods

"Emery can you open the door"I gently knock "no"
"Please sweetie we just want to talk"

"No thanks"she says again "Emery open the door now"Hardin says firmly and a few moments later the door slowly opens "I don't want to talk"

"Emery we are sorry you found out like that I know it's a shock"I say to her and she sits on the floor and me and Hardin do the same "why do you have to have another baby it's not fair"

"Why not"

"Because I want to be yous are only baby I don't want someone else why do you even want a stupid baby"she just looks at us both and Hardin speaks "because we wanted you to have a sibling"

"But I don't want a sibling"

"And mummy and daddy love you so much you know we wouldn't love you any less if there is a new baby"

"How do you know that"she asks her eyes wide and full of tears "because you where our very special baby"he tells us "that's right Emery me and daddy where so so lucky to have you"

"But..but what if this baby is extra specialer than me"

"Everyone is different in a special way but we will love you the same"He tells her "I don't like this one bit" she moves over closer to us "your my mommy and daddy"

"We know and your out little Girl"Hardin says and I see her smile "I need time to get used to it"she tells us sighing"that's ok we understand"me and Hardin have learnt with Emery not to react to her when she is upset of angry but to talk calmly to her and it seems to work "the baby better not be sleeping in my room"

"The baby will sleep in mummy and daddy's room"Hardin says and I see her mouth open "so I have to sleep alone and yous will be together"

"Of course not baby's can't sleep on their own you can still come and sleep in our bad"He says and she faces up and down his tattoos the same way I do "are you sure you will still love me"she looks back up "we promise"he kisses her on her head and she starts to cough "I still don't feel good"she says and he picks her up "I think I might throw up"she says and throws up all over him "great"he says and she starts to cry "here"I lift her of him "I don't like throwing up"she says "I'm going to get changed"he leaves the room and I help Emery "I feel icky"she says even though she is in fresh clothes "lay back down and try have a rest"I say to her bringing her back to bed.

Hardin

Tessa comes in just as I'm finishing cleaning up "how is she"I ask her "she is gone back to bed"she tells me "don't worry love she will come around"I wrap my arms around her waist "I hope so"She says yawing "you haven't slept yet"I say to her and she looks at me "you just witnessed what happened"

"Well you going to sleep now you and our little bug needs rest"

"Bug?"

"What isn't you like it"I ask her "I do it's cute but why do you call the baby that"

"Oh you and your questions because Emery is little one and this one is little bug"I say to her and she smiles as she gets into bed "I think I may need a nap to"I say getting under the covers wrapping my arms around her pulling her close I'm not even tired but I like holding her tight.