Chapter 41

Hardin

"Dada dada"I hear Auden call Tessa has just left for an overnight work trip so I'll be with the kids alone "good morning little man"I go into his room and he smiles at me holding onto the side of his crib "out"he puts his arms up it's crazy to think he is almost 1 and a half I pick him up into my arms and he holds my cheeks giving me a kiss he does this every morning to me and Tessa he is so affectionate and sweet like Tessa.

"Where mama"he has me "mama is going away"I say to him and he turns his head "Em em"

"Em is still here"I tell him and he smiles he adores his big sister "shall we go wake her up"I say and he nods and we walk into emery's room all I can see is her big messy blonde hair sticking out from the duvet and I sit Auden down on the bed "Em"he says crawling up and she stirs "Ugh Auden"she moans trying to pull the covers up "mor morning"he tries to get the words out and she pulls the blanket down "what I was trying to sleep"

"Your brother wanted to see you"I tell her and he crawls in beside her Emery tries to act like she doesn't want to be around him but I can tell how soft she is with him she pulls the blanket over them and he smiles at her laying his head beside her and they both yawn again "I'll be back in one second"I tell them if I want to survive them I need my coffee I go out turning the pot on and get the box of cereal and milk ready because the kids love frosted flakes as do I go back into the room and both of the children are asleep Auden has his arms wrapped around Emery I just gently close the door over and I get a picture in my phone Tessa and two glasses of champagne

You know it's a work trip I joke

Where a loud to drink I know that's Kim

No one asked you Kim

Rude is all I get back than a moment later I get another notification how are the kids

Both fell back asleep so far so good

I go get in a shower get myself washed and dressed and now the kids are waking back up I hear footsteps coming towards the living room "well hello yous two"

"I awake"Auden says and Emery just yawns Emery loves to sleep if you don't wake her up she will stay asleep "where is mom"She asks me "mama gone bye bye"Auden tells her "she is on a work trip for the night"

"So what are we going to do"she asks me "what do you mean"

"When your in work ever Saturday mom brings us out"

"Well I was just going to sit around and watch tv"I say and she just looks at me "that's boring"

"Fine where do you want to go"I ask "I don't know mom thinks of the ideas... but there is a new play centre that opened and I really want to go to"she says I hate going to these play centres there is just to many children "fine we will go but first breakfast"I tell them and Auden claps his hand "yay"he shouts "he is so dumb"Emery laughs going to the kitchen

Once we are done I go get the kids ready 30 minutes it takes us to leave the house Emery didn't like what she was wearing,Auden got throw up on his clothes ,diaper changes I wish I had tessa's patience

"This is going to be so much fun"Emery says when we get inside and all I can hear is screaming "ok give me your shoes"I tell Emery that's the last thing we need is for missing shoes "I'm going to play"she runs of and I take of Auden s shoes and bring him over to the small play area "ahhh"he shouts trying to get down to plays in the ball pit "dada slide"he says and he walks over and I help him up "weee"he says as he slides down "again again"he laughs and I help him climb back up "ok here you go"I let go of him and he slides down "fun fun"he claps "do you want to play on something else"I ask him and we walk around and there is a small trampoline he climbs onto it holding onto the bars jumping "your going so high buddy"

"Jumpy jump"he says laughing.After about 30 minutes Auden is exhausted from playing and he is ready for a nap I lay him into his stroller and take a seat at one of the tables ordering food for me and Emery and some for Auden when he wakes up I try to spot Emery to call her over and she finally sees me and she runs over "here darling got you food"I slide the pizza in front of her "thank you"she says "are you having fun"

"I am I love her"she says than her eyes go wide "you love here I thought you never came here before"I question her "Ugh fine I come here with mom"

"Why didn't you just say that"

"Because I know you hate these places but I really wanted to go"she tells me "I don't hate these places I would just rather be somewhere else"I tell her 

"Ok pyjama time"I tell the both when we got home we just spent the rest of the day watching tv but now it's time for bed I have to admit they were not that bad today "Can I sleep in your bed dad"Emery asks "fine"

"Me"Auden says "fine both of yous can climb in"the three of us get into bed and now suddenly Emery and Auden have got a random burst of energy "I can run faster"Emery says running around the bed and Auden tries to copy her and my phone starts ringing "mum FaceTiming"

"Hi mum"Emery says in a British accent and Tessa laughs "mum mum"Auden says laughing "hello mummy"Emery says and they both are just in a fit of laughter "they are now suddenly full of energy"I say "aw well I miss yous and I'll be back tomorrow"

"Bye mummy"Emery laughs "bye muma"Auden says and Emery jumps of the bed laughing "I'm going to pee myself"she runs out of the room "Tessa il Leung you when these are alseep"I wink at her and can see her cheeks go light up "bye Auden love you"

"Bye muma"he says laughing even more