Chapter 4

Hardin
I walk into the living room and Tessa is sitting on the couch her bump has gotten so big it's the last few months and now only 2 months to go before Princess arrives that's what I have been calling her because we haven't settled on a name yet I'm not going to just pick any name for my daughter it has to mean something special

"Ugh I'm starving"Tessa says putting her hand into my bag of M&ms she has had such a sweet tooth lately "these are delicious"she stuffs her mouth "Tess don't say your doing more online shopping"

"I found the cutest outfits look"she points at the computer our baby has more clothes than me and Tessa combined "I think she has enough clothes"

"But these look at them"she says and I shut her laptop "follow me"I say helping her stand up she cried last week when I told her she waddles so I can't say that anything I wasn't saying it in a mean way it's cute the way she waddles "look at this"I open our baby's wardrobes that is full "see there is barely any room"I say and there is a knock on the door "I'll get it"she rushes out of the room "thank you so much"I hear the door shut "Tessa who was it"

"Just another delivery"

"Tess"

"I didn't buy this Karen sent it"she sits on the floor opening the package "she made little hats and cardigans look"she holds up the tiny cardigan which is actually cute and so small how does a human actually fit into that I take it in my hand and my phone starts to ring "one second"I leave the room "Hardin is Vance"

"I know I have called id"I say to him "hello to you to anyway you need to come down to Vance at 4 sharp"

"Why it's my day of do I have to"

"Hardin you need to it's important I'll let you know more when you come down remover 4 sharp"he says hanging up the phone "fuck sake"

"What's wrong"Tessa comes out "I have to go to work"

"Oh I thought you where 0f"

"Me to but Vance wants me to go down for something important"Since Tessa has became pregnant she has become more clingy she loves to be right beside at all times which I love but I think she is getting in that maternal role and is treating me as the baby especially since she has gone on maternity leave she has also been. Really really horny like I mean more than 5 times in one night ever since the doctor told us we could have sex again that's all she has wanted to do and I'm not going to lie I need sometime to recharge  "will you be gone long"

"No I shouldn't be ill be back as soon as I can"

"Promise"she gives me them eyes she knows what she is doing "I promise babe"

I make my way down to Vance this better be important and not a waste of my time "Hardin hurry in here"he rushes me into an office room and I take a seat "Hardin an amazing opportunity for you came up they want you to do a book tour starting in two weeks"

"Two weeks"i scoff does he not remember Tessa is pregnant "yes it will last for 6 weeks"

"No way not doing it"

"Hardin you can't turn this down this is great press"Patri says "I don't care Tessa is due in 8 weeks not going to happen"

"Hardin please think about this"Vance begs me "why does it have to be right now"

"Because"he says loudly "because it's important for you"

"Il will think about it"I say and leave "Hardin you would be stupid to turn this down"he shouts out at me but I ignore him I understands it's a good deal but I don't want to leave Tessa not when I could miss the birth of my child

I get back to the apartment and I can smell food "I made us dinner"Tessa says when I get into the kitchen she has the table set up with candles and dinner made "why did you do this"

"Because I want us to spend as much time just the two of us before the baby comes"how am I ment to tell her about what Vance wants me to do "Tessa we need to talk"

"About what"

"What happened at Vances he asked me to do something"I say and she looks confused "They want me to go on a book tour"

"Hardin that's great what's the problem"

"They want me to leave in two weeks"I tell her "two weeks for how long"she asks me "8 weeks"

"8 weeks oh"she says quietly "I told them I didn't want to do it I can leave you what if you had the baby"

"Hardin as much as I want you to stay it's your job"she tells me but I can tell she would rather me stay home "but what if you have the baby and I'm not here"

"You could make it back in time what days would you start on"

"The 4th of September and I would be back the 30th of October and your due the 1st"

"But most people don't even go when they are due"she try's to tell me "but will you be ok here alone"

"Hardin I'm a grown women I'll be fine"she says and I move my chair beside her "I promise this baby is not going to come unless you are here"she says taking my hand "what am I going to do without you"she kisses me "what will I do without you"she moves her hand down and fuck I'm already hard "I'm not sure who your going to miss more"I say to her god it's going to be a long fucking 8 weeks "least we can keep ourselves occupied for the next two weeks until you go"she whispers in my ear and my phone starts to ring and we both groan "this better be good"

"Have you made a decision"

"Yes Vance I'll do it"

"Great thanks Hardin it will be worth it Patri is coming over now you have a lot to go over"he says into the phone "right now"

"Yes be nice"he says and hangs up the phone "Patri is on the way"

"Oh"Tessa says with disgust she hates her "let's hope she has clothes on because just to let you know I won't but to bad you will be out here with Patri "she says teasing me before walking away Jesus this baby better not come out a monster

"Hardin I'm so glad you agreed to this"Patri comes straight through the door "we have so much to discuss"she takes a seat "so basically we go to Texas,than Florida,California,Washington,Chicago and back home than you have a 3 day break and we than head to Paris and Germany"

"That many places"

"Yes stop moaning I will sort everything flights,hotel oh ye speaking of flights do you have your passport here I need a copy of it"she asks me "it's in my room I'll get it now"I tell her walking away "Tessa"I say the moment I step into my room she wasn't lying about having now clothes on all she has on is a matching lace and thong set "what"she says continuing to read her book I just can't take my eyes of her I swear if Patri wasn't here right now "I'll be back"I say shutting the door "here is my passport"I drop it in front of her "good I think that's everything sorted a car will come to collect you 9am the 4th I'll keep you posted if anything changes bye"she says finally leaving and I can finally go to Tessa

I open the door and she she is sleeping "goodnight Tess"I pull the blanket over her and leave her room I go out to the baby's room and go through some of the clothes Tessa got these baby grows saying daddy is my hero and it's really fucking cute, I go through the other stuff looking I really just can't wait to have her in my arms

••••

That was the quickest two weeks I can't believe I'm leaving now of course I didn't pack Tessa did it all for me she kept getting annoyed when I kept throwing clothes at her I thought it was hilarious her not so much at one point she said she won't pack for me but after I threw everything in the case without folding them I knew she would redo it and she did 

"Bye I love you and remember call me if anything is wrong with you any the baby"

"I'll miss you"she gives me a hug "I love you so much I'll see you in 8 weeks"she lets go of me,I leave and go down to the car I'll will be ringing and texting Tessa everyday for the next 8 weeks