Chapter 16

Tessa

"Emery where are you we have to go"I call out as I pack her snacks for daycare Emery is two and let's say the terrible two have begun "Emery I won't call you again"where is she I go down to her bedroom and can't see her but I can see two little getting sticking out from under her bed "I found you"I look under and help her out "mama"she whines

"You have to go to school baby"

"Noooo"she stomps her little feet "It will be fun I promise"

"No it's poopy"she puts crossing her arms "it's not poopy"I put her jacket on and she huffs it's always such a hassle getting her out in the morning "car"she asks when we walk outside "no we will walk today"I take her hand "uggghh"I hear her moan to herself she is just a mini Hardin her mood changes in a second "mama look a birdie tweet tweet tweet"See now she is happy "hi"she waves at the bird and it flys away "oh no birdie"she says "birdie gone bye bye"she tells me "oh no maybe birdie is gone to his mama"

"Yes birdies mama"she skips beside me "Here we are baby"

"No mama pwease"she pouts "dada will collect you later on"I try make her feel better she loves Hardin collecting her "Emery"I kneel down to her putting my arms out and she gives me a hug and plays with my hair "I love you baby"

"Mama I love you"she says "are you ready to go in"I ask her after a few minutes and she nods and I walk her inside "bye I'll see you later"

"Bye"she gives me a small wave and her teacher walks her to the class she only started daycare 3 weeks ago and she has found it hard to settle in it's why I feel bad for her because I know she loves been close to me and Hardin.

Today is my day of Hardin is in work till 12 and than he said he will collect Emery she will be so happy to see him

About 30 minutes after I get home my phone starts to ring and it's Emery's daycare "hi Tessa I'm sorry I know you where just here but Emery is crying saying she is sick she says it's her tummy"How could a 2 year old know to pretend to be sick and I know she is pretending because she was fine this morning ,when I get back to the daycare Emery is waiting at reception "Because edge was comparing about her tummy she can't come back for 72 hours to make sure it wasn't a bug"The teacher tells me "ok thank you"I say lifting Emery up "hi mama"she holds onto me "Emery why did you say your sick"I ask her and she shrugs her shoulders I don't know what I'm meant to do me and Hardin are working the next few days "I wanted mama"

"Baby you where going to see me in a couple of hours now your not aloud back to school"I tell her brushing her hair out of her eyes "worry mama"

We get back to the house and I switch in the tv I text Hardin letting him know Emery is home "here you ok"I give her some chopped up apples and bananas "yum"she takes a bite and continues watching tv and I clean up

"Emery be careful"I say to her when she goes over to the window "doggy woof woof"

"Did you see a doggy"I bend down beside her looking out "ahhh dada dada"she shouts and runs to the door "princess"he scoops her up in his arms "hello love"

"Hi"I give him a kiss on the cheek "Emery why aren't you in school"he says and Emery try's to hide the smile on her face "mm tummy"She pretends to be sad "I love your acting skills"he laughs even though she has no idea what he means he puts her down and she runs back to the tv "They said she can't go in for 72 hours incase it was a bug"

"Great"

"Dada a doggy"she crawls over like she is a dog sticking out her tongue "woof woof"

"My little doggy"he leans down to her and she crawls onto his lap "what will we do we are both in work"I ask him "I'll take tomorrow of and than you can take the next day?"he suggest and I agree

•••
Hardin

Watching a two year old for the day shouldn't be to hard Tessa has left and gone to work and I'm just waiting for Emery to wake up

I can hear little feet coming down the hallway and in comes Emery her hair sticking every direction "morning princess"I say to her lifting her up into the bed and she lays down on the pillow rubbing her eyes "sleepy"she looks up at me trying to pull the duvet up and I help her if there is one thing she loves it's sleep "sleepy"she yawns rolling into her side looking at me "Ugh"she tries to push the hair out of her face "calm down"I grab a bobbin from the bedside locker and tie up her hair "happy"I question "happpyyyy"she squeals jumping on top of me "now your awake"

"Ahh potty"she says and I quickly bring her into toilet she recently as started getting out of diapers and I have to say she has been really good so far she tells us every time she needs to go I sit her on the seat and she hold my hand "all done"she says once she is done "good job baby"I help her down and she smiles "dada potty"

"No dada doesn't need to go"I tell her we got out to the kitchen and I make us both a bowel of cereal "where's mama"

"Mama is at work"I tell her "at work dada work"

"No dada can't go to work because your not in school"

"No school for em no no"she says laughing "I know your tricks little one"I say and she covers her mouth giggling at me I love know she is trying to have conversations "Your know Addy went to school today"I tell her and her eyes light up she loves her big cousin "Addy"she smiles "Addy doggy"

"Emery you think everyone is a doggy"

"Dada doggy"she giggles pointing at me "mama doggy Em doggy"

"Are we all doggys"I say and she nods smiling at me and than proceeds to eat her breakfast like a dog "Emery you need a bath"

"Nooo"she slides down of the chair trying to run away but she can't stop laughing "baby your stinky look at those stinky feet eww"

"No dada"she says trying to stop laughing "your getting a bath I hold her over my shoulder and she laughs and we get to the bathroom "look I'll put bubbles in like what mummy does"

"Ohhh bubbles"she says and I start to run the the bath "now all ready"I help her get undressed and into the tub the bubbles nearly cover her "splash splash splash"she says moving around laughing at her herself and she blows the bubbles at me "ahhh shark"she splashes around the bathtub after she is all clean and I tried to wash her hair I wrap the towel around her lifting her out "cold dada"she says rattling her teeth "here you go"I help her get her pyjamas back on "no more stinky"I say and she laughs at me