Chapter 15

Hardin
It's one in the morning and two times Emery has woken up we have heard her calling for us but we decided to ignore it once it stops we both go back to sleep

I wake up to the sound of Emery sobbing "Tessa"I whine "just go check on her"she says and I groan climbing out of bed "Emery"I walk into her room and she continues on crying "Dada"she puts her arms up "baby you have to sleep"

"Nnnn"she kicks her little legs and she sniffles "dada will stay here until you go alseep"I tell her helping her lay back down and she sticks her hand out for me to hold it and I sit down against the crib holding her little hand and I can see her peeping out of the sides "Emery it's sleepy time daddy's tired"she just laughs at me "Emery I'm not playing daddy's been serious"

"Ahhh"she try's to poke me in the eye I know what she is doing trying to distract me so she does t have to sleep "do you know it's 1am we need to go alseep dada's going to go to his room"I try let go of her hand and she starts to cry it would just be so much easier to bring her back into my room but she will never leave "your 10 months your able to be in your own room"

"Dada dada"she babbles trying to reach for my hand "come here"I lift her out "mama"her eyes light up "no I will make you a bottle bottle of milk hopefully that puts you to sleep"I bring her out to the kitchen and fill up the kettle and than Tessa comes out "why isn't she in bed"

"Someone won't go to sleep so I'm hoping a bottle will"

"Mama"she reaches out for Tessa and she takes her from me while I make the bottle "how is she wide awake"Tessa says as Emery is full of life in her arms "ok crazy here you go"I hand her the bottle "I'll take her"I tell Tessa and she goes back to bed and I bring Emery into her room "let go"I say to her when she holds onto my neck "you have to go into your crib" "no no no"she shakes her little head "ok"I sigh how am I meant to get her asleep "do you want dada to sleep beside you"

"Ye ye ye"she jumps in my arms I get her into the crib and then I attempt to climb in beside her I have to stick my legs out the side so there is room I feel like a giant "now Emery are you happy"I say and she crawls on top me holding onto me

Tessa
I wake up and Hardin isn't beside me I get out of bed and go into Emery's room and Hardin is in the crib with Emery his legs are hanging over the side and Emery is laying on top of him I can't believe he slept in there all night with her Emery starts to move and she opens her eyes "morning baby"I say quietly to her "dada"she points at Hardin confused "did dada sleep with you"I take her out and than Hardin wakes up "bloody hell my back is killing me"

"How did you even fit in there"I laugh "I have no idea and I don't know how I'm getting out"he says struggling to get out "your know Emery has your wrapped around her finger"

"She does not"he jumps out of the crib "ok say what you want"I shrug my shoulders messing "I say the first night of her sleeping alone was a fail"he says "she just loves us to much"I hug her in my arms and she rest her hand on my cheek "isn't that right baby"

"Ahhh"she responds hopefully tonight goes well and she will be able to sleep alone