Chapter One

:::CHAPTER ONE:::

            I have no life. Seriously, I was sitting at the food court at Mall Of America with three bucks burning a whole in my pocket and nothing to do. I swear any minute now, I would drop to the ground with utter boredom. I glanced at my friend Maggie when she screamed at her Nintendo DS. She slammed it onto the counter, “Why is that Mario can break bricks with his fists but dies by a freaking turtle? It’s freaking ridiculous.”

            Brandie rolled her eyes, applying lip gloss, “Suck it up,”

            M&M arrived at our table, placing small fries in front of each of us, “Bethel Academy is starving me!”

            I smiled and glanced down at my uniform. A knee high blue skirt with an ugly matching blazer. A star shaped pin taped just above my heart. Ugh, “At least it’s Friday.”

            “Yeah but what do we ever do? Our lives are so boring. Nothing exciting ever happens,” Maggie muttered. She was the one that read a lot of fantasy books. Exciting for her was this mall exploding and a zombie apocalypse starting. Maggie pushed her short brown hair aside and sighed.

            “Well, I have a date tonight.” Brandie beamed. Her blond hair curled down to her shoulders.

            “With who?” I asked, kinda surprised.

            “Jade Bryans,”

            We gasped. Jade Bryans was elite. Like super elite. He was the king at our school. The fact that one of us got a date with him was like if a penguin started to fly. It was that serious.

            M&M grinned, “Lucky punk!”

            I put a French fry in my mouth, “Where is he taking you?”

            Brandie shrugged, “He said it was a surprise.”

            “I’m bored!” Maggie shrieked. Her head was plastered against the table. I patted her back.

            M&M smiled devilishly. Oh Gosh. M&M was the one who came up with the weirdest things. I wouldn’t be surprised if she suggested going skinny dipping in the mall fountain, “Let’s play truth or dare,”

            Brandi nodded, “Alright,” She cracked her knuckles, “Game on,”

            Maggie sat up, excited, “I already have a great dare!”

            “Nope,” I muttered, shaking my head, “Remember the last time we played this? Maggie got escorted out by mall cops.” Last time, M&M dared Maggie to jump on the stage where Justin Bieber was and tackle him. She never reached him before she got tackled by big mall cops.