Chapter Twenty-Two

M&M glared at me.

            "What?" I asked innocently.

            Maggie glanced at Scott, who could obviously see the tension in the room, "Maybe it's time for you to go."

            Scott put his hands into his pockets, "See you later Tedi." He walked away and M&M grabbed me by my forearm and shoved me into our room.

            "Abusive much?"

            She stomped around my room, furious, "You haven't seen abusive till I'm done with you."

            "What did I do wrong?" I argued, "You guys literally begged me to move on and now that I have, you guys overreact."

            "By 'move on', we meant stay away from anything with freaking testosterone so you can think clearly for once," M&M growled. She stopped and brushed her brown hair away from her eyes, "But instead, you hook up with Scott?" She started pacing again.

            Maggie settled on her bed and frowned, "Douche-bag move, my friend."

            "Girls can't be douche-bags."

            "But you've accomplished that." M&M spat, "You know how long it took Brandie, Jade, Maggie and I to drag that boy over here? Just for you. And you couldn't wait two minutes before jumping into that guy's pants."

            "Scott is sweet! He treats me a lot better than Jack ever had."

            "Oh, really." M&M crossed her hands over her chest, "And it seemed Jack had a lot to tell us about what happened during Spring Break. You guys went to the park, made out, played with his little sister, made out some more, went to the library and made out some more. What went wrong?"

            "I'm not talking about this. I already said I was done with him."

            "You're being stubborn!" M&M yelled.

            "Why is that every time something goes wrong between us, I have to go over to him and apologize or I have to beg him to take me back? Why do I have to do it? Why can't he be a man for once in his sorry life and come over here on a freaking white horse and carry me away like Prince Charming is supposed to do?" I snapped, fumed.

            Maggie shrugged, "She does have a point."

            "Thank you." I smiled at Maggie.

            M&M's eyes narrowed, "No, she doesn't. You don't get something by just sitting back and waiting."

            "Go tell him that because I'm done waiting."

            "You are being immature."

            I shrugged, "I don't care."

            M&M groaned and left. I noticed that I still had Scott's jacket on my shoulders. It smelled like him. Sweet like caramel. I took it off, pulled my hair into a bun and crawled into bed without once thinking about Jack.

***

            "So, as you can see, Miss Heather, I obviously don't need a tutor anymore." I smiled sweetly.

            Miss Heather perched her lips, "Well, you have improved...."

            "A lot, I might add. How about we just see how to goes for now? If my grades don't slip, I don't need a tutor but if it does, I'll be tutored again. I want to challenge myself, Miss Heather." Who am I kidding? I just wanted Jack out of my system. Out of every aspect of my life.