Chapter Fifteen

"Jack!" I wrapped my arms around Jack's back, my hands pressing against his chest. I buried my face in his back, "He's lying! You know I would never do that."

            He raked his fingers through his hair, "I don't know what to believe...."

            "Believe me!" I begged. He shoved me off and walked off.

            Okay, he needed some time to think and in that time, I was going to brutality murder Clay. I glared at Clay, "You sick jerk!"

            He smirked, "I'm no jerk,"

            He stepped toward me and I was about to lash out, "Get the hell away from me before I rip your head off,"

            "She's not joking on that one, buddy." Brandie stepped in front of me, "Jade go talk to him,"

            Jade nodded and wondered after Jack. I sat down next to the fountain. If I accidently fell in the water and drowned, I'm sure Jack would be happy. Hell, I'd be happy. Or we could both be happy if I DROWN Clay's dumbass in the water. Brandie was bickering at Clay who was just rolling his eyes. I sighed and waited.

            Jade finally returned and I leapt at him, "What did he say?"

            "He said he needed some time and asked me to drop you home later."

            My shoulders slumped, "I really fucked up. Big time."

            "No, he just overreacted. Do you want to get some Coldstone? Get your mind off things?" He asked.

            I bite my lip, "Yeah, ice cream sounds awesome right now."

            Clay tried to tag along with us and Brandie tried to shank him with her fork. Do I know where she got that fork from? Hell no. Am I going to ask questions? Nope. Jade pulled Brandie away from Clay and he finally left us alone. We went to Coldstone and finally shed some tears. Actually it was a freaking rain storm. I cried into my ice cream, looking like a wreck. Brandie patted my back with sympathy. I was PISSED TO THE HEIGHTS OF PISSITIVITY!!!! I placed my head onto the cold counter and sighed.

            "I know he'll take you back. There's no way he's not going to." Brandie muttered.

            "Yeah right. He thinks I cheated on him. I'm a cheater! I'm a slut!" I groaned.

            "No you're not. Because a slut would not admit she was. Tedi, you're awesome and if Jack can't see that then he doesn't deserve you at all. He just needs some time to think it over and if he doesn't want you back, you're going to have to face it."

            "We haven't even dated for a day and he already broke up with me! Maybe something is wrong with me. I never seem to have boyfriends. Is something wrong with me? OMG, something is wrong with me."

            Jade smiled his winning gorgeous smile, "Tedi, you're a beautiful person. Don't let anyone stop you from being who you are. Nothing is wrong with you. Nothing at all." That sounded better coming out of a hot guy than Brandie, "And as fun it is being here, I have to get to basketball practice, mind if I drop you guys at home."

***

            A day zipped past and I wanted for Jack to come talk to me. It never happened. He ignored me throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner and spend most of his time out side of the house so he wouldn't have to be with me. And surprisingly it didn't make me feel more crappy but actually gave me time to find when he's most vulnerable. Like right now.