Chapter Five

I had five tests this week (yea, my teachers ganged up on me) AND ITS NOT EVEN THURDAY YET! Ugh, school is frustating. 

Anway, I decided to upload because I'm not sure when I'm going to update again. Maybe Friday or Sunday. But here you go! Enjoy!

::::CHAPTER FIVE::::

            I crossed my hands over my chest, sitting on the bed, "Okay, he deserved it. Would you prefer me to kiss him? And it's not like he's sick."

            "Yes he is! His nose is runny and he's been shivering for the last hour. Every freaking chance you get, you are mean to him!"

            "What did he do to you?" Maggie asked.

            I bit my lip, "Uh....," What did he do to me? "He threatened I'd get kicked out of school! So, I shoved him in the water. Geez, it's not a big deal! I would have gone in,"

            Brandie shrieked, "Why didn't you?"

            I shrugged, "It looked cold and you know I hate lakes!"

            Brandie stormed at me, her face inches from me, "You're going to take care of him while he's sick, prude. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

            "Hell naw," I spat.

            Horns shot out of Brandie's head and the background turned to fire.

            I panicked, "Fine! Just don't kill me!"

            The horns disappeared as she yanked me out of my bed. It's been two days since I saw Jack. I hoped he died but I guess not. Brandie was furious for the last two days and I really didn't mind. Either than the fact that he didn't come to tutor me.

            We got to the boys dorm. We went upstairs and found Miss Heather leaving one of the rooms, "Brandie, Tedi, how are you gals?"

            "Fine," Brandie grinned, passing by her. I followed but Miss Heather gripped my shoulders. Brandie didn't notice me being held back and went into the room. Fudge my pants. I turned to Miss Heather. That creepy smile was plastered on her face.

            "I'm glad you're here to see Jack. I brought him chicken noodle soup. He just mentioned that he's start studying with you today. But don't be too hard on him. He's sick."

            "Okay," I muttered, confused. Why would a councilor give chicken noodle soup to a sick kid? I know she's nice but I never knew she was to this limit nice. She just outdid herself in the Happy Scale.

            "Have a wonderful day, Tedi!" She grinned and sauntered off.

            I went into the room and saw Jack cuddled up in a bed. His face was a bit red and had sweat glistening on his face. Overall, he looked like shit. I pulled up a chair and sat down next to him, "Wassup?"

            "I feel like crap,"

            "You look like one too," I replied.

            Brandie was sitting at the foot of the bed, patting his foot. What was patting his foot going to do?

            Jack sat up, bare to his waist.

            I picked up an Abercrombie shirt off the floor and tossed it at him. Ha, I hated Abercrombie. I remember I went there one time and this chick popped out of nowhere in the dark and welcomed me with, "Hi, welcome to Abercrombie. Our sizes are Small, Xsmall, Anorexic, Bulimic and Malnourished." I'm joking. She didn't say that but I wish she had. That would have been hilarious.

            "She doesn't even listen!" Jack barked. He flicked my nose.

            "Ow, what the hell?"

            "Seriously, Tedi, that's just rude." Brandie got up, "I'm going to find Jade. See you guys later."

            The room grew quiet. I glared at Jack. Suddenly, a Justin Bieber song started and I jumped. WTH? Jack flipped open his phone and said, "Hello?" This kid has a Justin Bieber ringtone? Now, that's just unmanly.

            "I'll come visit next weekend. I promise, Dad." Jack muttered and closed his phone. He glanced at me, "What?"

            "Justin Bieber?"

            Jack scowled, "He's a good singer,"

            "Yeah, whatever."

            "What are you doing here anyway? I'm really not in the mood to get hurt or insulted today."

            A lump formed in my throat. Don't be mean, "I wanted to see... how you were." That took so much energy to say.

            "Tedi, are you breathing?"

            I gasped and tried to recover, "Yea, I'm fine."

            He looked skeptical, "I'm just a little under the weather but nothing U.S history can't fix,"

            Ugh... "You don't want to strain anything. We can start with history tomorrow. Deal?" Please say yes.... Please say yes...

            He shrugged, "Fine,"

            A little happy bubble formed. Now what were we supposed to do? "Do you want to go to the library?"

            "Did you forget? Everything I touch gets infected."

            "I'll carry hand sanitizer. C'mon, sitting here is boring."

            He sighed, "Fine,"

***

            "Facebook, seriously? No wonder you fail your classes." He chided, glancing over my shoulder at the computer screen.

            "Pssh! It's awesome. For now anyway." I updated my status with, "The average woman would rather have BEAUTY than BRAINS, because the average man can SEE better than he can THINK,"

            "That's not true," Jack huffed.

            "Yes it is," I replied.

            He pushed his chair beside mine and forced my chair around to face him. Our knees bumped each other, "Do you honestly believe that guys don't see the genuine beauty and brains in a woman? I won't say all guys do but personally, you should know me better. I find you beautiful not because of your body because you are unique and untamed-able."

            My heart swelled and that doesn't happen often. Other than the fact that he was sniffling as he was saying this, it was absolutely cute. And I reacted on my instinct. My fingers knotted in his hair as I pulled him close, pressing my lips to his. His hands went around to my lower back and held my tightly to him. He groaned softly as I opened my mouth and let him in. He pulled back, nose wrinkling. Did I smell or something? His face turned back to normal and he started to lean it.

            And then, he sneezed on me.

            "EW!" I shrieked, pulling away, slapping my hands against my face. That's disgusting!

            "Hey, you're the one kissing a sick person." Jack frowned, "My bad, though."

            I punched him in the shoulder, "Ugh, that's nasty and unsanitary!"

            "My bad!"

            "I'm never kissing you again," I growled.

            He smirked, "You wanna bet?"

            I scowled and left.